2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2012 3:08 PM by cqnewuser

Website structure causing problems when creating livecopy based on a blueprint

cqnewuser Level 1

Hi,

Our website structure goes like this:

company/

products/

services/

contact us/

etc...

Our site is single language and hence the structure. Now we have a problem when creating a livecopy (for mobile site) based on a blueprint.

It seems that for the livecopy (based on a blueprint) to work, the site structure needs to be like this:

company/

en/

products/

etc...

It's too late for us to include another layer. What's the best way to create a livecopy based on a blueprint? Or should we just go with livecopy without the blueprint? But then are we missing out on the sync benefit from the blueprint?

Thanks!!

• 1. Re: Website structure causing problems when creating livecopy based on a blueprint
          chaack Level 1

Hi

you could create a blueprint independent from a structure - only the "Create Site" function will not work. Instead you have to use the "Create Live Copy" where you have to find the blueprint starting point by yourself (which has no further dialog steps to exclude different paths). As this is a step which is done only once (per lc) it should not be a problem.

But with this livecopy you have also all msm functionality available.

Cheers

• 2. Re: Website structure causing problems when creating livecopy based on a blueprint
            cqnewuser Level 1

Hi Chaack,

Thanks for this idea. I have tried this before but couldn't get the livecopy to sync.

I tried to do it through the blueprint by right click and select 'rollout'. But nothing happens. The 'blueprint' tab on the page properties on the livecopy site is grayed out. I think the blueprint I created is not associated with the livecopy and that's why the rollout does not work. If the livecopy was created through 'Create site' then the blueprint is available to choose on step1. But not when you 'create live copy'. Is there anyway to link the blueprint to the livecopy if the livecopy was created through 'create live copy'?

Thanks!!!