Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 8 fails using built-in iSight on Bootcamp

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presenter 8 won't work with my Apple built-in iSight camera in Win7 in bootcamp

I have 3 different generations of imac and 1 macbook pro that have the same problem.

Presenter tries to start the camera, the indicator turns on, then after about 20 seconds, it errors out saying the camera is turned off.

If I remove Presenter 8 and re-install 7, it works. If I connect an external USB camera, it works.

I'm caught in the middle on this, as is always the case when I find something weird in my labs.

Neither Apple, or Microsoft, or Adobe seem to care about this because it's a poor configuration. And it is too easy to blame the "Other Guy"!

Please don't tell me I should have bought a windows machine, It wasn't my decision, only my responsibility to maintain.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please provide us with the following info:

verisons of iMac / macbook pro,

Video card manufacturer,

Exact version of presenter 8

Please make sure your video card driver and presenter (help>update) is up to date.

Did you tried relaunching Video Creator again and selecting webcam from settings?

Have you installed any other webcam software in Win7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I've been working on computers for over 30 years and it always amazes me how troubleshooting hints are stumbled upon.

Your questions prompted me to check the settings in video creator again. I hadn't previously looked at the resolution settings.

The iSight cameras that were giving me problems are not HD. Changing the setting to SD resolved the issue.

Thanks much for the hint.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources