5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2012 5:58 AM by Harm Millaard

De interlace

tacbob Level 1

What software is good for deinterlacing DVC Pro50 clips? I need to create a DVD.

Thanks

• 1. Re: De interlace
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Why? DVD's are always i wrapped.

• 2. Re: De interlace
            Jim_Simon Level 8

I'd agree with Harm.  Your clips are 30i, leave them that way for DVD.

• 3. Re: De interlace
              tacbob Level 1

Thanks but I do not understand what wrapped is.

At present, if I view a Quicktime movie of the video on a TV, I see interlacing on my Pro50 clips.

Are you saying that when I put it all onto DVD and play that on a TV, I will not see interlacing?

Thanks.

• 4. Re: De interlace
                Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No interlacin, the dvd player will handle the interlaced footage just fine.

No interlace artifacts on a tv just on a pc monitor.

• 5. Re: De interlace
                  Harm Millaard Level 7

i wrapped means that every DVD is recorded in interlaced format. If you start out with progressive material, is simply means that the first field of a frame contains the even lines of the frame and the second field contains the uneven lines of the frame (or the other way around).

When you start with interlaced material and deinterlace it, you lose a lot of information, up to 50% depending on the algorithm used and then when you write it back to DVD you still have that quality loss. If you use interlaced material it is best to not introduce this quality loss.