1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 7, 2012 6:59 PM by flashdotdummy

Floating/drifting objects

trogalski

Hello all,

I am trying to create a screen that involves circular images that are simply drifting around slowly in space, confined within a circular area. There would be simple collision detection to the extent that the images do not overlap eachother.  This could be a loopable video, or a coded environment that allows them to drift around forever. I am just looking for the most straightforward way of accomplishing this.

I may choose to incorporate physics, in that the images can be pushed with the mouse to bounce off of other images, but this is a secondary goal; I primarily just want to create the environment that allows the images to float around.

I am hopeful that there is a template somewhere on the Net that will allow me to swap in my own images or objects for the default objects in the template. I have seen this done before with Flash pulling from an XML file of objects with images associated with them. I am not married to HTML5 for this operation; whichever language or program will make this the easiest will be the one that I go with.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Taylor