• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encountered error while installing Acrobat XI on Windows 8

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2012 Dec 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During installation of Adobe Acrobat XI for Windows 8, I received an error message indicating there was an error with my PC, the error was being transmitted to Adobe, and that my computer would restart. The screen went blank and did not restart automatically. When I started the computer, I noticed there was a shortcut on the desktop for Adobe Standard but nothing happened when I clicked on the icon. I suppose there was just a partial installation. I then tried to continue with the Adobe installation and received a Windows installer error: "Error applying transforms. Verify the specified transforms are valid. " I then tried to go into Control Panel and uninstall Adobe XI. I received the same Windows installer error. Not sure what to do at this point.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2012 Dec 08, 2012

Please try running the cleaner tool at http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html to remove the partial installation of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try running the cleaner tool at http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html to remove the partial installation of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!   After running the cleaner tool I was able to successfully install Acrobat XI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent thank you for the update Skbirwin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines