1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 9, 2012 2:24 PM by Frustrated in AZ

eBook opens in DE, but doesn't appear in listing

ceri-shaw

Hi,

I've just downloaded Rogue's Pawn ebook. It's ePub format and it downloads and opens fine in my copy of Digital Editions, but it doesn't appear in the Library View meaning I can't copy it to my device (kobo eReader).

I've downloaded plenty of other books from the same shop (BooksonBoard) and have never had a problem in the past.

Any ideas what might be causing the problem?

I'm running Windows 7, and I have version 1.7 of DE.

Thanks for the help

Ceri

• 1. Re: eBook opens in DE, but doesn't appear in listing
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

You can download an ebook to ADE two ways.  When the process is about to

transfer the ebook to your computer, you are asked whether to OPEN or SAVE

the ebook.  If you choose/chose OPEN, then ADE will transfer the ebook and

open it in Reading mode.  If you choose/chose SAVE, then ADE will transfer

the ebook and register it in the Library, so you can see it in Library mode.

You can get ADE to register an ebook you downloaded via OPEN.  Just use

your computer utilities to find the title of the ebook, which is probably

in the Digital Editions library.  Then, open ADE in Library mode.  Hover

your cursor over the small arrow next to the word 'Library' in the status

line, and a drop-down menu will appear.  Choose 'Add Item To Library' from

that menu, and go from there.

Hope this helps!

=============