8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2012 6:53 AM by the_wine_snob

Transitions will not load - PLEASE HELP!!

brotherdanskiing

I've been dealing with this for some time ... when I'm in the edit window and click on transitions, they will not load. I've spent a lot of time online with support and got only temporary use of transitions. The first time I visited support, the tech was able to take control of my computer and get them working. That lasted for a few days, then they quit working again. I went back to support and a different tech didn't get me all the way through the process, and ended the session after telling me to remove and reinstall, which I did (again). Still, there is no functionality of transitions. They appear to be loading, but I've waited up to 30 minutes before I've clicked out. Please, can someone help me out?

• 1. Re: Transitions will not load - PLEASE HELP!!
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Which version of the program are you using?

How fast is your processor, how much RAM do you have and how much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

What operating system are you using?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Transitions will not load - PLEASE HELP!!
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with Steve's comments, Transitions require heavy interfacing with the video driver, as most have animations in the Transitions "gallery."

What is your video card's/chip's make and model?

What is the installed video driver's number and date?

Is that the latest from the mfgr's. Web site? If not, update that to the very latest.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Transitions will not load - PLEASE HELP!!
              brotherdanskiing Level 1

Steve -

It's an Intel I3 core M350 @2.27GHz, 4GB RAM. It was 10% fragmented (auto-defrag runs every Wednesday), so I'm defragging now. Before defrag, I've got 288 GB free.

OS is Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit.

My main cam is a Panasonic AG-HMC80, an AVCHD cam and I usually shoot in 30i at full res (1920 X 1080).

As for Bill's question below, I don't think there's a dedicated video driver, just whatever's standard in an HP Pavilion dv6.

• 4. Re: Transitions will not load - PLEASE HELP!!
                brotherdanskiing Level 1

Hi Hunt -

See my reply above to Steve. As soon as I'm done defragging, I'll check for updates for the video driver. The only info I can find is for Graphics, and that's Windows Aero. Other than that, it's got 3D business and gaming graphics, but it's just whatever is standard in and HP Pavilion dv6.

Thanks for any help the two of you can give me.

• 5. Re: Transitions will not load - PLEASE HELP!!
                  brotherdanskiing Level 1

Hey Steve -

I've got Premiere Elements & Photoshop Elements 10.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Dan

• 6. Re: Transitions will not load - PLEASE HELP!!
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you working on a laptop? If so, what is your screen resolution.

Also, when you started your video project, did you set it up for Full AVCHD? You'll know because, if you set it up correctly, there will be no red lines above your clips when you add them to your timeline. Is that the case in your project?

Your computer is a bit underpowered for edting AVCHD. But, at least for shorter projects (assuming your project is set up correctly), the program should function -- if slowly.

• 7. Re: Transitions will not load - PLEASE HELP!!
                      brotherdanskiing Level 1

Hmmm ... I get a red line when I edit (pan/zoom, title, keyframe, etc.), but I don't think it's there prior to editing, I'll check that out in a few minutes. I am mainly doing 3 to 5-minute projects, but have a 30 I'm working on. I'm planning to upgrade soon, as I have a possible full-length documentary in the works, but that's a couple of months away. In the meantime, when I'm done with footage, I save it to an external hard drive and delete it from the internal drive. Any other recommendations as to how I can maximize what I've got in the short run?

• 8. Re: Transitions will not load - PLEASE HELP!!
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

The red lines that Steve was referring to, are when you drag your Clips to the Timeline, prior to doing any editing.

It is natural for red lines to appear above Clips, when any overlay, or Effects are added to the Clips, such as a Title, a Transition, or any parameter/Keyframing done to the Clip. That indicates that for smoothest playback, one would want to Render the Clips (or Timeline), for the best playback.

Having an HP, I would go to HP's Web site, and check for a newer video driver.

Steve's question on the screen resolution is a good one, as to get the full display of the GUI, there is a minimum screen resolution.

Good luck,

Hunt