Sorry to hear, Daryl.
Does this freezing happen even if you have no documents open in Dreamweaver?
Has it always happened since you install Dreamweaver CS6, or did the freezing start later on?
Do you have any extensions installed for Dreamweaver?
If you're not sure, you can check by going to Help > Manage Extensions.
If you do have any installed, which ones?
You might try disabling some or all of them, then restart Dreamweaver to see if that helps.
Definitely odd. Since you just installed it, there would be no loss in manually resetting the preferences for the application.
See this article for instructions: http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver-cs4-cs5.html
After doing so, start up Dreamweaver and see if the problem persists.
Also, when was the last time you restarted your Mac?
Does this happen with and without the Application Frame enabled?
It's enabled by default. To disable it, go to the Window menu and click to uncheck Application Frame.
When Dreamweaver freezes, what do you do in order to get it back up and running?
e.g. Force Quit
Do you see any error messages at all?
I'm wondering if the Console log might tell us what's going on. To test this out:
- Open Dreamweaver, but do not yet move any panels around.
- Go to /Applications/Utilities and open the Console application.
- On the left of Console, select 'All Messages'.
- Click the Clear Display button to clear off what's there.
- Try to move around some panels in Dreamweaver. Do so until the freeze occurs like before.
- Go back to Console, select everything in the log (CMD+A or Edit > Select All) and then copy it (CMD+C or Edit > Copy). Paste what you copied into your reply.
I had got rid of the applicatin frame to start with because I hate them but I redocked. I then went to the widows menu and selected the snippets - no problem, the asset panel came out with the group but then I went to window ----> assets and this made it freeze --- it seems to be an assets problem.
Now cs6 auto loaded all my cs5 websites and maybe it can't digest the assets there ?