2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 6:53 AM by TTVB544 RSS

Has anyone experienced an unintended "find/replace all" in a document (using FM11) ?

TTVB544 Community Member

Hi All,

Using FM11 with Windows7.

We have a problem with the following:

If I have completed a Find/Change All in Document A (then close the Find window), then I open Document B and press Control-F to perform a new search, once I start typing the previous word search/change all is applied to Document B when it's not the intention.

The problem is when Control-F is pressed the last function is highlighted (in this case "Change All") - rather than the word field, so nothing is actually being typed in this field - rather it performs the last function.  The basic work-around is just to make sure we click or tab to the desired field before typing...  OR make sure to delete the previous find/change text fields before closing the window.  When doing things quickly though we may forget - so it gets annoying when we have to fix this or revert to last saved document.

Users with XP don't experience this. Each time control-F is pressed, the Find term field is the highlight so the new term is typed in as expected.

Any tips would be welcome. 

Thank you,

Tina