0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2012 12:03 PM by jkishmael47

Coldfusion 10 cookie data missing

jkishmael47

1 down vote  favorite   

I am transitioning from a Coldfusion 9 to Coldfusion 10 server.  I have noticed an issue that my login cookie (generated from .NET) is losing data when I read it in Coldfusion.  IE, a cookie that is supposed to read:

EMAIL=user@hotmail.com&ID=9994171&CONTENT_SECURITY=MBR CO CFO PFS MC CL RE STF PA SP SC HCC&FIRST_NAME=Jack&LAST_NAME=Smith&FULL_NAME=Jack Smith&CHAPTER=047&TITLE_SEGMENT=Mid-Level/Execu&TITLE_SEGMENT_DESC=Other&PAID_THRU=5/31/2 014 12:00:00 AM&MEMBER_TYPE=STF&MEMBER_STATUS=A&IS_MEMBER=False&ELIGIBLETOJOIN=False&IS_STAFF=Yes

is only reading in CF10 as:

EMAIL

It seems that any special character causes this as I'm seeing it on spaces, =, etc.  Has anyone had this issue or have some input on the cause of this?  I don't want to have to re-write my security due to this but I'm having a hard time understanding this switch.

I also set a cookie with coldfusion before dumping the set and the cfcookie version sets and reads spaces with no problem!  I am 'reading' the raw cookie by viewing it through the firefix options interface...  I confirmed the same code had different results through CF9 and CF10, through CF9 I see the full cookie values, through CF10, spaces, = and @ signs all cut off the data.

Thanks in advance!

Jack