• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can I use a web app to provide me with results from a matrix?

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a need to set up a search type box based off a matrix. This is a matrix which shows a list of zip codes down the left column, and a list of products across the top, and the corresponding field from a zip code and a product is the freight rate.

e.g.

Product 1     Product 2     Product 3     Product 4

1234     $10               $12               $14               $16

4567     $11               $11               $13               $17

5678     $55               $54               $27               $35    

so the freight rate to 4567 for product 3 is $13.

Then what i want to have is a drop down list for a customer to select the product, then a field to enter their zip code, and the search result will be the cross referenced freight rate.

Is this possible? If so, can someone guide me as to how this would be done?

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Throw this open to the community to chip in, but off the top of my head.... thinking of something along lines of:

Create 3 web apps,

1. Product (Fields Product Name & ProductID)
  2. Zipcode (Fields Area Desc & Zipcode)
  3. Freight Rates (Fields FreightRateID (made up of ProductID_ZipCode), Freight Rate)

Create a web app search form for Web App Freight Rates with:

1. Product select, with options drawn from web app 1 using ProductID for value.
  2. Zipcode select, with options drawn from web app 2 using Zipcode for value

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you refer to "product" are you looking to link a web app to eCommerce product?

Or are you looking for using only a Web App to store zip codes, product and freight rates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply!

Sorry I should have made it clearer.

Or are you looking for using only a Web App to store zip codes, product and freight rates?

yes - that is what I intend to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Throw this open to the community to chip in, but off the top of my head.... thinking of something along lines of:

Create 3 web apps,

1. Product (Fields Product Name & ProductID)
  2. Zipcode (Fields Area Desc & Zipcode)
  3. Freight Rates (Fields FreightRateID (made up of ProductID_ZipCode), Freight Rate)

Create a web app search form for Web App Freight Rates with:

1. Product select, with options drawn from web app 1 using ProductID for value.
  2. Zipcode select, with options drawn from web app 2 using Zipcode for value.
  3. Hidden FreightRateID field.

Once a visitor has selected their product and zipcode, using javascript concatenate the selected ProductID with selected Zipcode.

This will produce a FreightRateID (e.g. PROD1_4567), which can be loaded into the hidden FreightRateID field.

When submitted, it will perform a web app search for a Freight Rate that matches the chosen product and zipcode, ie. FreightRateID.

To make entry of the freight rates easier, maybe add 2 datasource fields to the Freight Rate web app for Product and Zipcode.

Then create a front end web app add/edit (via a secure zone) to allow entry to be done by:

Select product, select zipcode then enter freight rate.  (FreightRateID can be created and populated in same way as search above)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines