4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2012 8:17 AM by Jim_Simon

Premiere hardware usage / processes in exporting

lulebog1980 Level 1

Hi,

I may have a dumb question, but since I'm not into computing all that much - here it goes...

I'm exporting a video from premiere and while it's exporting i'm monitoring the hardware processes in task manager... The CPU usage is around 35% with occasional short peaks to roughly 80%. Memory usage is also around 35% and the hard disk runs on some 15%.

Since, there is a lot of space for all these segments to reach 100% how come it isn't happening? What I mean is - wouldn't it make sense that the exporting times should accelerate until one of my hardware components (CPU, RAM or hard disk) reaches 100%..? Meaning it shouldn't take approx 35 mins of export for a one hour video in Blu-ray, but, let's say 20 mins of export instead..?

The only thing that might be the answer is the CPU maximum frequency which runs on 109%. Is that it..?

Once again, I have no great knowledge in computing so maybe I'm asking a stupid question but I'd like to know for sure..

My PC breakdown is this:

MB MSI X79A-GD65 (8D)

RAM 32 GB Corsair Vengeance

CPU i7 3930 BOX

GPU NVIDIA GTX680

SSD OCZ 120gb (running on Windows 8 Professional + Adobe CS6 Master Collection)

HD 2 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda

750W power supply