0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2012 6:32 AM by mrblix

Why no min/max height?

mrblix Level 1

Since I've started creating responsive content with Edge, once thing has really bugged me - and that's the omission of a Min H and Max H alongside Min W and Max W. I've been told it's not necessary as height can be constrained to width, but I still find myself needing it.

Two scenarios I've frequently come across:

• An object is set to 100% width. When a window is resized to a landscape orientation, I want an object's maximum width dictated by it's height to prevent it taking up too much space in the layout. For example, in portrait layout it may be W100%, H10% - turn that to landscape and it might become W100%, H60% if I've constrained the proportions. I want to be able to cap it at say H30%, so after a certain point it's just the width that changes and not the height.

• I have a series of square images nested within a horizontal scrollable div. I want these images to stay in proportion but always fill to H100% of the container div, regardless of its shape (portrait, landscape). It seems to simple but I just can't make it work without a min/max H functionality.

Can anyone explain why this feature is missing?

Thanks