4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2012 12:26 AM by ShefaliG

just installed elements 11.

HMilstein8

The folder on my desktop has 2 files/ Help Me...and the installation files (1.3gb) Can these be moved??

• 1. Re: just installed elements 11.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Did you install from physical media, or from a download?

Where did you install PrE to (full Path please)?

Did you get any error messages, when you did the installation?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: just installed elements 11.
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you purchased a download, do be sure to write all downloaded files to a DVD before deleting from your computer

Also create a text file containing your license key to write to the same DVD... and keep the DVD in a safe place

I also recommend that you make a full boot drive backup to a USB hard drive

The product I use is at http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-linux.htm

Image runs off of a bootable CD via Linux (the Zip you download includes a program to make the bootable CD) and it reads EVERYTHING on the drive, even the hidden registration information, so everything is restored when needed... and you may restore the image to a brand new drive in case of a crash, and not have to re-install anything

• 3. Re: just installed elements 11.
              HMilstein8 Level 1

It was downloaded. Is it wrong that the folders went to c: system desktop?

It is alot of files to keep on the desktop

Maybe I should re install the program? Also I have the download on my

gmail. its still necessary to put it on dvd? also i have my licence key on

my saved email and dowload. Is it still mandatory to do what you describe?

howard

• 4. Re: just installed elements 11.
                ShefaliG Level 2

Hi,

If you're on a mac system, moving the installed app to a different location isn't an issue, but if you're on a windows system, uninstalling app and then re-installing is recommended.

The downloaded setup isn't cleaned up automatically unless it is specifically deleted. During installation, you may either go with the default installation location, which is: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop.., or you could select a custom location.

It is important to save your license key; it would come in handy incase you go for a re-installation or an installation on a different system sometime later. Saving the downloaded setup (anywhere on your system or in a storage device or media) would save you a re-download, if ever required, however, saving it specifically on a dvd is not necessary.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues while re-installation or if there's anyhing I can assist you with.

Thanks.

~ Shefali