• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are Flash Professional Buttons broken in Flash Builder 4.7/AIR 3.4?

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved my ActionScript Mobile Project game from Flash Builder 4.6 / AIR 3.2 yesterday to the new release of 4.7 / AIR 3.4. I immediately ran into a problem with Flash Professional Button's working incorrectly. The buttons have linkages in a SWC exported from Flash Professional CS6, which the project has linked. The content of the buttons doesn't seem to matter. It seems to break in different ways visually depending on it's composition (sometimes it loads unreleated bitmap data or displays with a strange transformation). Has anyone else seen this behaviour so far?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I noted in your other post, I'd definitely give AIR 3.5 a try then lets open a bug report if the problem continues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this too.  I tried overlaying AIR3.5 SDK to no avail.

Having a simple fla with some buttons in it that are exported for actionscript ends up with the wrong symbols being instantiated and additionally things are drawn the wrong size etc.  Basically it is completely broken and FB4.7 is unusable for me which is a shame as the iOS testing workflow is a lot better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost a year later and I have the same issue. Is there a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DJ - Do you have a bug number I can reference to see what's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't have a bug number. But I have the same issue, FB 4.7 breaks all my buttons in my swc, it swapps their art with other library items. While the projects work fine in FB 4.6.

What's the fix for this? I have a major deadline, very stressed, and frustated to find that people have been having this issue for almost a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue that was documented 7 months ago: http://inflagrantedelicto.memoryspiral.com/2012/12/flash-builder-4-7-useflashsdk/

Has Adobe still not fixed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

You said that you would open up a bug report. Is there one for this issue? If you google "buttons in swc not working in Flash Builder 4.7" you will see that a lot of people are having this issue.

https://www.google.com/search?q=buttons+in+swc+not+working+in+Flash+Builder+4.7&oq=buttons+in+swc+no...

cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if you could open a bug at bugbase.adobe.com.  You'll have to assign it to AIR, since Flash Builder isn't listed as a product.  In the bug report, please include a sample project or code so we can quickly reproduce the problem.  If you can give me the bug number, I can ask someone to investigate.

I'd also recommend letting others know about the bug report so they can add their comments and votes.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the time to create a unique project for adobe bug database. So many are having the same issue, I'm shocked that Adobe doesn't know about this already. This discussion that I'm writing in right now was started in december, almost 7 months ago.

Joseph Labrecque says in his blog that adobe does know of this issue and is working on it, he said that 6 months ago. Is he incorrect?

1. Joseph LabrecqueGood news that Adobe is actively working on a fix for this issue.

http://inflagrantedelicto.memoryspiral.com/2012/12/flash-builder-4-7-useflashsdk/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash Builder team might know about this, I'm not part of that group so I'm out of that loop. 

I'll try and contact someone from that team to see if they can give me an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!

And thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted my problem here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5445383#5445383

For additional infomation.

cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted a bug report: Bug 3584985

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I have been through that before. On the old version I doesn't work but for 6.0 they work perfectly fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines