13 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2013 5:46 AM by Dr.Juan

How can I force PS Touch to sync?

Dr.Juan Level 1

How can I force PS Touch to sync? It only syncs randomly, about once or twice a day, even if no file is open. So, it is usually an out-of-date picture of what I have stored on the Creative Cloud. I have tried toggling the sync switch, quitting and restarting the app, deleting and reinstalling the app, signing in and out of Creative Cloud, and backing in and out of folders. I am at 6% of my storage limit, and 89% of my rope.

• 1. Re: How can I force PS Touch to sync?
          greule Adobe Employee

Toggeling the sync switch was the right thing to do  if you would like to force the sync process. BTW: You can only sync PS Touch files (file type -psdx). Other files like jpg, psd…can be accessed via PS Touch File Picker->Creative Cloud.

Did you change something in the Creative Cloud browser that triggers the "Sync randomly"?

-

Thanks,

Guido

• 2. Re: How can I force PS Touch to sync?
            Dr.Juan Level 1

Nothing had been changed. But now, PS Touch won't sync ever. My other Adobe apps do, but PS Touch completely quit working with Creative Cloud. Any ideas?

• 3. Re: How can I force PS Touch to sync?
              greule Adobe Employee

When you save a new PSTouch project to

the PSTouch gallery (with sync on) what is the sync status showing? In Progress? Completed?

What happens when you rename a PSTouch file in the CreativeCloud browser. Are the changes synced back to your PSTouch app.

What kind of files are missed during sync?

Are those files named with special characters.

Are you on a wifi network?

Guido

• 4. Re: How can I force PS Touch to sync?
                Dr.Juan Level 1

Q: When you save a new PSTouch project to the PSTouch gallery (with sync on) what is the sync status showing? In Progress? Completed?

A: It starts with "in progress" then switches immediately to 0% complete, and stays that way permenantly, even when left to sync for more than 24 hours. On the same iPad, I also have Adobe Ideas, Adobe Collage, Adobe Proto -- all sync perfectly. Also working fine on this iPad -- Adobe Revel and Adobe Content Viewer.

Q: What happens when you rename a PSTouch file in the CreativeCloud browser. Are the changes synced back to your PSTouch app.

A: No. Nothing at all will sync from the Creative Cloud, and nothing at all syncs from the PSTouch App to the Cloud either. I am, however, able to download images from the CC into PSTouch, but the resulting files won't sync back, I must email them to another device to add them back to the CC. The view of the Creative Cloud in the main PSTouch browser window is always out of date, several days old by now.

Q: What kind of files are missed during sync? Are those files named with special characters.

A: All files and folders are missed during the sync, because the sync does not occur. No files sync at all. File name examples: brochure.indd   image.jpg    image.psdx   Folder Name

Q: Are you on a wifi network?

A: Yes, definitely connected to my functioning high speed WiFi.

Thanks Gruele

• 5. Re: How can I force PS Touch to sync?
                  greule Adobe Employee

Regarding your answer about the files.

The only file that should be synced is psdx. Does that happen?  jpg, indd are nots upported

Can you try one thing.

• Turn off sync for all Adobe apps.
                  • Force Quit the apps
                  • Start PS Touch and turn sync ON

Please let me know your results

BTW: Do you have have Creative Cloud Connection (Desktop Sync) running on your Desktop computer?

Thanks,

Guido

• 6. Re: How can I force PS Touch to sync?
                    Dr.Juan Level 1

Hi Guido,

I do understand that PSTouch will not sync non .psdx files. But the PSTouch Browser should display the current Creative Cloud folder heiarchy, and after a successful (random) sync,  it does. But that sync does not occur when sync is turned on. Instead, PSTouch stalls at 0% progress, and often remains so for 24+ hours.

The other Adobe apps sync correctly, and sometimes, so does PSTouch.

The Test process you described is exactly the process I have tried many times. Here are the results of the test:

Confirmed that I am signed in to Creative Cloud. A new PSTouch file is created and saved. Sync is enabled. The PSTouch sync begins with "in progress" then switches immediately to "0% complete", and stays that way often for more than 24 hours. The Folders and files displayed in the PSTouch Browser are out-of-date, as they appeared at last successful random sync, often still showing files which have already been deleted from the Cloud.

I have the Creative Cloud Connection for Desktop Sync, but while performing the test you suggested, I disabled the sync. Only the iPad, PSTouch, and the Creative Cloud were involved in the test.

Thanks.

• 7. Re: How can I force PS Touch to sync?
                      greule Adobe Employee

Would it be possible for you to post some screenshots about what you are seeing? Thanks, Guido

• 8. Re: How can I force PS Touch to sync?
                        ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

if you do have many folders (files inside folders that need to be synced) you could try to enter and exit a folder on the level that you want to have synced to see if it helps as a workaround. Btw which device are you on?

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 10. Re: How can I force PS Touch to sync?
                          Dr.Juan Level 1

I have tried backing in and out of folders, starting the sharing process, toggling the switch, signing in and out, force quitting the app, deleting and reinstalling the app, etc.

The app syncs randomly, sometimes days in between. Recently, it took about 4 days. Sometimes it syncs immediately.

I am on an iPad 2.

• 11. Re: How can I force PS Touch to sync?
                            ibarrien Adobe Employee

Ok, thanks for the detailed information and the screen shots.

I was wondering what your workflow is - do you use only PS Touch and the Cloud and the id only on one device/computer?

Do you have some extremely large files in there that are not coming from PS Touch?

thanks,

Ignacio

• 12. Re: How can I force PS Touch to sync?
                              ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

does get resolved by restarting PS Touch?

Btw, in which country do you experience this issue.

thanks,

Ignacio

• 13. Re: How can I force PS Touch to sync?
                                Dr.Juan Level 1

No, I finally gave up on PS Touch entirely, and instead chose to stick with the Adobe Touch Apps which were working properly -- Collage, Ideas, and Proto. Unfortunately, Adobe has suddenly and quietly decided to discontinue them. This is a dissapointment to your loyal customers.