5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2012 12:22 PM by 99jon

Playing images on TV

Gabbyele

I have some jpeg images processed in Lightroom 4 and Elements 10 on a usb I want to play through a blue ray player.  Do I have to do something extra to them so that the blue ray player will recognise and play them. 

• 1. Re: Playing images on TV
          neeraj chaudhary Adobe Employee

Hi,

Try Create >> SlideShow option in the Organizer .

• 2. Re: Playing images on TV
            99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Ideally you need Photoshop Elements & premiere Elements. But if you have a DVD drive and Windows 7 it’s possible to burn a standard definition DVD which can be played in a bluray disk player where it will be up-scaled.

• 3. Re: Playing images on TV
              whsprague Adobe Community Professional

Gabbyele wrote:

I have some jpeg images processed in Lightroom 4 and Elements 10 on a usb I want to play through a blue ray player.  Do I have to do something extra to them so that the blue ray player will recognise and play them. 

It depends on the Blu-Ray player.  Many have a feature to play media on things plugged into a USB port.  Some (Panasonic?) even have a slot for SD cards. 

Some Blu-Ray players will display media that is copied to DVD data disks. 

If you are serious about it and plan to do it frequently, look into a "WD TV Live".  It is a small $90 box that does a lot of things, but is best at playing all sorts of media on anything plugged into its USB port. 

Bill

• 4. Re: Playing images on TV
                Gabbyele Level 1

Thanks guys.  Will try the slideshow option.  We do have premier elements but I haven't even installed it as I never take videos.  The player has a usb port but isn't recognising the images.

• 5. Re: Playing images on TV
                  99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes install Premiere Elements and when you have finished assembling your photos in the Photoshop Elements slideshow interface click on the top menu “Output” and choose Edit With Premiere Elements. You then have many more options under the share tab, including the ability to burn DVD’s