i have exactly the same problem. Talking to support but they are useless.. Just searching the forums and sending me links to them.. What a waste of time.
Anyone actually manage to find a workaround to this? This is a fairly large system oversight if there really is no way to switch them off once you've created an autoresponder!
I had to plead with BC support to get them to turn the autoresponders off for some of my WebApps - which they eventually did - so it is possible for support to do it, but for some reason they are reluctant to do so.
Submit a ticket and reference this ticket number (#152352) of mine and hopefully they'll help you out.
Thanks alot for that man, I have already been talking to support today after hours of forum trawling and apparently it's "absolutely impossible" . . . I shal be speaking to them again shortly.
I was looking for the same solution, contacted support and was told to do the &SAR=False fix. (Even though I explained this thread already said it wasn't possible.) After messing with that for about 45 minutes I was told:
"Yes, unfortunately it is not working this request is already escalated to our Engineering team"
I asked what 'escalated' means as it's been 5 years since this forum thread was first published with this known bug. They didn't have a response other than to say to rebuild the WebApp and don't mess with the Auto Responder on future Web Apps. I tried to get them to reset the current Web App with the problem but they didn't even respond to that. It's now escalated to a case but I'm not hopeful.
This is frustrating. I get that BC engineers have a lot of priorities but some of this stuff needs to be taken care of. There needs to be at least two engineering teams working in parallel. One for the big initiatives (Liquid, Server maintenance, etc.) and one to fix these application bugs.
After about two weeks of back and forth with a BC case (234222) and being told it would be fixed. I'm now told it's a 'bug' that will be put on a list for engineers to review. No mention when or if this will be addressed just this:
We have confirmed it is an issue, and have created a bug in our internal bugtracker for our development team to investigate and resolve this.
The bug number is 4016106 for your reference.
Whilst I don’t have a firm date for this to be corrected, I have added your case number to the development bug logged and you can check if it was fixed on our System Updates forum - https://forums.adobe.com/community/business_catalyst/system_updates