• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I run RoboHelp 7 on Windows Server 2008 OS?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I realize we are out of date, but not sure I can get them to upgrade or not.

Thanks,

Anahid

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

RoboHelp is not certified for use on any server operating system.

The licence permits a single user on a client operating system, such as XP for RoboHelp 7. Not sure about Vista but it is not supported on Windows 7. It may work and then you may find something broken. Your call on that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp is not certified for use on any server operating system.

The licence permits a single user on a client operating system, such as XP for RoboHelp 7. Not sure about Vista but it is not supported on Windows 7. It may work and then you may find something broken. Your call on that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you as always for your prompt response, Peter!

The Windows 7 issue will be another challenge as we all migrate, but - I should be able to publish to a Windows server 2008, correct? I currently publish to Windows Server 2003.

Anahid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can publish the help output almost anywhere you want – that’s not what your post was saying; it was asking if you can run RH7 on a W2K8 Server. You can run RH7 on a Win7 machine, but you will probably have to run it in either XP compatibility mode or as a virtual XP machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are so right, Jeff. That is the problem with posting while in a meeting - sorry about the original incorrect phrasing.

I had asked the other day about running Robo 7 on Windows 7. This was to ask if I could publish on Windows Server 2008, needed to make sure there was no issue with a planned upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp