Question about states

jfb00 Community Member

Hi All,

I have a flex app using two states:

<s:states>

<s:State name="Dashboard"/>

<s:State name="Login"/>

</s:states>

This app shows the login state in a corner of an ASP.net app with small width.

<s:BorderContainer includeIn="Login" cornerRadius="0" width="253" height="400" backgroundImage="{imgCls}" >

After the user pass login the app change to the Dashboard state but still show the app in the small corner of the ASP.net app.

<s:BorderContainer cornerRadius="0" width="100%" height="100%" includeIn="Dashboard">

How can I take over the whole screen of the browser after user pass the login?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

• 1. Re: Question about states
          jfb00 Community Member

Hi,

Are we alone here? Adobe doesn't help anymore?

I try navigateToURL(urlRequest, '_self') but it calls the movie again.

Anyone can help?

Best,

• 2. Re: Question about states
            jfb00 Community Member

Hi,

I don't know if this helps but we call the flex app using iframe.

<iframe src="http://.... /myApp.html" />

Best,

• 3. Re: Question about states
              JeffryHouser CommunityMVP

If I understand the question; you want the app one size upon load; but you want to make it bigger after they login.

A Flash app is, basically, just a square set up in the browser.  Flex / Flash has no control over that square and cannot change it.

You may be able to work something up using ExternalInterface to run a JavaScript method to change the dimensions of the Flex app.

Yes, popping open a windw or opening a new URL will always reload a Flex page; and that usually means resetting the app to the default state; which in this case is not logged in.

• 4. Re: Question about states
                jfb00 Community Member

Thanks for your help Jeffry, ExternalInterface did the trick.

ExternalInterface.call ('javascriptFunctionName');

Best,