1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 13, 2012 3:11 AM by 99jon

Problems With PSE11 and Windows 7....

WhitetCdreamer

Has anyone experienced and resolved the issue of having PSE11 open, then closing and then experiencing a crash when you try to reopen it? I bought the Bundle of Photoshop Elements 11/Premiere Elements 11 for my wife as a early Christmas present Sunday and after several re-installs it does finally work on both Desktop and Laptop. BUT(and I stress BUT), if you close either title it will not open on either system again until you restart your system. Also if you open PSE11 then PRE11 will not open and visa- versa. After a restart it works fine agian but only once. Truly puzzled...... My system requirements are sufficent and my OS is windows 7(64 bit) I have completed the most recent updates with Adobe on both systems. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

• 1. Re: Problems With PSE11 and Windows 7....
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try making a direct shortcut for the Organizer and Editor. Make sure you have the correct file path as there is more than one exe file. You can then launch the programs directly from the desktop bypassing the welcome screen. This is generally better as the welcome screen leaves background processes running.

On Windows, Right click anywhere on the desktop and select New >> Shortcut

Then click the browse button and navigate to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 11 Organizer\PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe"

Then click Next; then click Finish

Then make a direct shortcut for the Editor in a similar manner.

On Windows, Right click anywhere on the desktop and select New >> Shortcut

Then click the browse button and navigate to:

"C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe"

Then click Next; then click Finish

You can also make a shortcut for the Premiere Elements editor application which is located in Program Files if you have installed the 64 bit version.