11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2012 7:58 AM by nealeh

Premiere 11 doesn't work on my Windows 7

bababablacksheep

I have recently purchased Adobe Photshop Elements 11 and Adobe Premiere Elements 11.

The photoshop works fine but Premiere doesn't even launch on my comp.

Please help!

• 1. Re: Premiere 11 doesn't work on my Windows 7
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Did you receive any error messages during the installation process?  You can find information on how to locate and interpret your installation log for error messages at Troubleshoot install using logs | Elements - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-install-using-logs-elements.html.

• 2. Re: Premiere 11 doesn't work on my Windows 7
            bababablacksheep Level 1

Hi Jeff,

No there was no error message to start.

The Adobe technitians have spent 7 hours in total on my Windows 7 but couldn't get it going saying that I had an error file somewhere so was recommended to reinstall the windows.....

Contacted Microsoft but they were not helpful so I decided to upgrade it to Windows 8.

No luck yet - although it does look like it wants to do something - asking for more certificate

I have turned off the antivirus software to download this but no luck.....

What do you suggest??

• 3. Re: Premiere 11 doesn't work on my Windows 7

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.  The users in this forum may have suggestions you can try for the difficulties you are facing launching Premiere Elements.

• 4. Re: Premiere 11 doesn't work on my Windows 7
                bababablacksheep Level 1

Hi Jeff, I thought this was the Premiere Elements Forum..... Can you please guide me to the right forum with a link? Thank

• 5. Re: Premiere 11 doesn't work on my Windows 7

The message thread was originally in the Download, Installation, and Setting up forum.  I have already moved the discussion over so there is no additional action for you to take until additional suggestions are offered.

You can access the Premiere Elements forum at http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements.

• 6. Re: Premiere 11 doesn't work on my Windows 7
                    John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

These questions below may be for a different product... but the information you need to supply is the same, for the products you use

More information needed for someone to help... please click these links and provide the requested information

-http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416679

-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419406

3 ideas come to mind

1st, does your computer at least meet the MINimum specifications... especially the pixel-x-pixel screen size? - http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-premiere-elements/tech-specs.html

2nd, what is your graphics adapter brand/model and driver number? - example, mine is nVidia GTX285 with driver 296.10

3rd, did you install to your C-boot drive as you should, or to some other drive?

• 7. Re: Premiere 11 doesn't work on my Windows 7
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with the info requested by John T., what is the make and model of your video card, and what is the number and the date of the installed video driver?

The most common problem with PrE not launching is an obsolete video driver, which can be caused by something, as simple as an OS update, or hot-fix.

PrE is very sensitive to the video driver, unlike most other programs, and even Photoshop Elements (Photoshop CS 6 is now very sensitive to the video driver too, but not so much PSE).

Another common problem is VST's (most often used in audio-editing programs), as many will cause PrE to hang, when loading. If you DO have the very latest video driver, already installed, then let us know about the VST's, that you have, if any.

Good luck, and please let us know more about your system,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Premiere 11 doesn't work on my Windows 7
                        bababablacksheep Level 1

Hi guys,

My computer is 2yrs olds and is now running Windows8.

I was using Windows7 when I purchased Adobe Premeier Elements 11 2weeks ago and couldn't launch so I have contacted Adobe Help Service. The technitian used their remote access to take over my comptuer to fix it but after 5hrs, he couldn't get it going. Instead he told me that there was an error file in dll that I needed to reinstall windows....

So I decided to upgrade it to Windows 8, which I did on the weekend but hasn't made any change.....

I was staggered to find so many discussion similar to my problem so I gathered it is a software problem than my comp system... It is strange Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 works fine here but no luck with Premeier 11...

Video Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i5)

Device Type: Display adapters

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Driver Date:09/10/2012

Driver Version:8.15.10.2858

Total Available Graphic Memory: 1755MB

Dedicated Video Memory: 128MB

System Video Memory: 0MB

Shared System Memory: 1627MB

• 9. Re: Premiere 11 doesn't work on my Windows 7
                          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you truly believe the problem is with the software, then we probably can't help you.

But, believe me, on a well-tuned computer, it will definitely run on Windows 7. I've got it running on both my 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 computers. Windows 8 is still relatively new, and a lot of software is having trouble with it. As most computer experts point out, it may take SP1 before it's completely stable and relatively bug-free.

Meantime, have you manually gone to Windows Update and ensured you have all of the non-critical updates? They don't install automatically, and some can play important roles in how your comptuer performs.

Have you ensured that you're not running any Norton products, including Nortion 360? In fact, at Muvipix, we recommend that you use only the Windows firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus software.

• 10. Re: Premiere 11 doesn't work on my Windows 7
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

The first "suspect" would be the Intel graphics chip, and its driver. Intel makes great chips, but their driver support is very limited. PrE interfaces more intensely, than almost any other program, including PSE. Now, Photoshop CS 6 does require a better video driver interface, than PSE does, so one would likely have the same issue, if they were running that program too. The Intel graphics chips are OK with e-mail clients, Web browsers, word processors, and the like, but because of a lack of driver support, fall very short with programs, like PrE, or 3D apps. If you have a laptop, and you cannot update the video driver from either Intel, or the computer mfgr's. Web site, you are probably out of luck, with regards to running PrE. If you have a desktop, I would consider adding either a current nVidia, or AMD/ATI card, so that you do have decent driver support, and disabling the Intel chips (usually in the BIOS, or perhaps by jumper/DIP switches on the MoBo.

Sorry for the bad news, but good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Premiere 11 doesn't work on my Windows 7
                              nealeh Level 5

bababablacksheep wrote:

Video Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i5)

Device Type: Display adapters

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Driver Date:09/10/2012

Driver Version:8.15.10.2858

The latest on the Intel Site is 9.17.10.2875 dated 23rd October 2012. See if that solves your problem.

Cheers,
                              --
                              Neale
                              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children