2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2013 7:47 AM by lasvideo

AE Warp Stabilizer (C5.5) Vs. Premiere Pro Warp Stabilizer(CS6)

deimosphobos Level 2

Was wondering what folks experience was in CS6 with WS in Premiere Pro ?

Is it the same WS as in CS 5.5 in AE ? Has it been improved ?

My expereince with WS in CS5.5 (AE) has been very hit and miss. Some scenarios it works very well, others it tends to "warp" the footage so that it appears to be a disco scene on speed.

Any CS6 folks care to chime in ?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: AE Warp Stabilizer (C5.5) Vs. Premiere Pro Warp Stabilizer(CS6)
          ShevaPro Level 1

It seems that Premiere CS6 stabilizer is identical to AE CS5.5

Sometimes it helps to use Detailed Analysis, but in my case it did not work. I have a boat in the storm because stabilizer hooked to the moving object. I would like Adobe to add the ability to mark some key points, because full auto is not a professional style of work. However, even if I'll do a feature request it will not be implemented until CS12. I would be very surprised to see some improvements in CS6.5/CS7, but it is not Adobe style. This issue is known for 2 years from now and it is sad that they think about features quantity, but not feature quality (in terms of functions).

Sorry for being emotional, but 2 bugs for one project is too much for me for today.

However, I would like to thank them for adding Adjustment Layers. Saves time a lot.

• 2. Re: AE Warp Stabilizer (C5.5) Vs. Premiere Pro Warp Stabilizer(CS6)
            lasvideo Level 4

You can use Mocha for not only planar tracking, but stabilization as well. Google will reveal the details.