2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2012 4:30 PM by Nancy O. RSS

form validation of text fields and checkbox

I have Dreamweaver CS3.  My form includes several field validations on text boxes and I was able to use a behavior on the form tag to validate my text fields, but I also have a Terms and Conditions checkbox that I need to validate as Checked.  Everything I have found online suggests using a spry checkbox to validate, but this seems to conflict with the code that is validating the text fields.

How can I validate my checkbox as well?

(in header)

function MM_validateForm() { //v4.0

if (document.getElementById){

var i,p,q,nm,test,num,min,max,errors='',args=MM_validateForm.arguments;

for (i=0; i<(args.length-2); i+=3) { test=args[i+2]; val=document.getElementById(args[i]);

if (val) { nm=val.name; if ((val=val.value)!="") {

if (test.indexOf('isEmail')!=-1) { p=val.indexOf('@');

if (p<1 || p==(val.length-1)) errors+='- '+nm+' must contain an e-mail address.\n';

} else if (test!='R') { num = parseFloat(val);

if (isNaN(val)) errors+='- '+nm+' must contain a number.\n';

if (test.indexOf('inRange') != -1) { p=test.indexOf(':');

min=test.substring(8,p); max=test.substring(p+1);

if (num<min || max<num) errors+='- '+nm+' must contain a number between '+min+' and '+max+'.\n';

} } } else if (test.charAt(0) == 'R') errors += '- '+nm+' is required.\n'; }

} if (errors) alert('The following error(s) occurred:\n'+errors);

document.MM_returnValue = (errors == '');

} }

(in body)

<form action="https://faas.cloud.clickandpledge.com" method="post" id="Donation" onsubmit="MM_validateForm('NameOnCard','','R','CardNumber','','R','Cvv2','','R','BillingF irstName','','R','BillingLastName','','R','BillingPhone','','R','BillingEmail','','RisEmai l','BillingAddress1','','R','BillingCity','','R','BillingPostalCode','','R');return document.MM_returnValue">

(checkbox that needs validation)

<input name="Terms" type="checkbox" />

gratefully, Amanda