2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2012 2:40 PM by Bayani Portier

Strange thing happening when trying to override login page

Bayani Portier

Hi all,

I'm probably approaching this in the wrong way.

I'm trying to override and customize the login page, and eventually override and customize the welcome page.

I have tried to copy/paste /libs/cq/core/content/login to /apps/cq/core/content/login

Every time I get an error "Could not copy node. Received 404 not found"

If I try to save a newly created login node, I get a conflict error. "Could not save changes. Received 409 (Conflict) for saving changes in workspace crx.default./apps/cq/core/content

My thoughts behind taking this approach is that generally you can override the libs folder using the apps folder.

Any hints for how I can go about what I want to do?

• 1. Re: Strange thing happening when trying to override login page
          rush_pawan Level 4

Hello Bayani,

This is most common problem and will occure when you try to operate various operations between/among nodes without saving them properly. One scenario for example could be, if you move a node from one node to other node and again try to modify any of the node (mainly like move/delete/create) without saving it, it will give you exception because until you save the repository both the nodes where you did the operation will not have proper status in repository.

So advise would to check your operation and try to save and refresh the repository after performing the operation which require saving to nodes information.

Thanks,

Pawan   

• 2. Re: Strange thing happening when trying to override login page
            Bayani Portier Level 1

Hi Rush,

Thanks for your suggestion. After a bit of "persistent" effort, it seems as though you are spot on. If I copy the folder above, and move the whole shabang over, it seems to behave if that is the only action I have done/will do.

Thanks for the help.