I am also interested in an answer to this question. I've been trying to get assistance from both Adobe and Overdrive, and they're each blaming one another for the problem. Dealing with these two is like living in a Kafka novel.
Guesses, not promised solutions.
It may be that the ADE authorization has got corrupted somehow.
Try de-authorizing (ctrl-shift-D) and restarting ADE.
It should ask you to re-authorize.
That may help; no promises.
Have you got an eReader device plugged in while you are trying to access the book?
If so, try with it unplugged. There is a bad interaction between ADE2.0/Overdrive and certain devices.
If that works, the best longer term solution is probably to install the older v1.7.2.
Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.
The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above. There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'. The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172
Installing the older version of ADE fixed the error. Thanks sjpt!
Thanks, sjpt! I have tried all the suggestions and had no luck getting either Digital Editions 2 o3 3 to download my books. They had been working just days before. Your suggestion solved the problem. Norton's gave a notification that the newer versions are unstable.
1 person found this helpful
I may have discovered a way to load .ascm files into Digital Editions without receiving those endless error messages. Here's what I did:
1. Uninstall current version of ADE from computer (I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate)
2. Download this this link which includes ADE 1.7, ADE 2.0, and a DRM removal program
3. Install ADE 1.7 (an earlier edition that appears different than the other versions) and authorize.
4. Use the DRM Removal Program in the download to remove ADE 1.7
5. Install 2.0 and authorize again if necessary. It worked for me and I had been researching a solution for many hours. Good Luck!
thanks to sjpt
Thanks so much it solved my problem and I didn't loose all the books I had saved there.