3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2006 12:36 PM by Captiv8r

Glossary Tab is empty

Jim1941

Terms are present in top half of Glossary Designer, definitions are present in bottom half of Glossary Designer. Generate Primary Layout, Tab is display but blank. I did copy paste from a Word document?
        • 1. Re: Glossary Tab is empty
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Jim1941 and welcome to our community

Is this happening on the PC where you have RoboHelp installed? Or is it happening on an end user's PC?

My reason for asking this is because this is typically an indication that the required HHActiveX.DLL file isn't present and registered. This would seem highly unlikely if it's the development machine, but VERY likely if it's an end user's machine.

Click here for more information

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Glossary Tab is empty
            Jim1941 Level 1
            Thanks Rick,
            Don't know why it wasn't registered either, but that did it. I can now see the Glossary in the CHM on my devlopment machine.
            Do you know if I will need to distribute the dll to users with my Help System? Can I distribute the dll legally? JIm
            • 3. Re: Glossary Tab is empty
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi again Jim

Yes, you are easily within legal limits to distribute this .DLL. It is required in order to view the proprietary items of a RoboHelp constructed .CHM file.

And yes, if you intend for your users to see the Glossary tab (with entries ;) you will need to distribute the .DLL along with your .CHM files.

Cheers... Rick