Job Title: Web Solutions Architect
The Web Solutions Architect will be responsible for developing the technical web strategy for our company, related micro-sites, and other digital user experiences. The strategy will include analytic support for decisions, an extended three year outlook aligning all Marketing technology projects, and budget estimates for completion. The role also includes the management of internal and external developers to execute this plan. Implementations must have global reach that allow for both regionalized and translated content with a focus on maximizing the value of the company's internet presence. Serves as a web based technical liaison to our company's marketing department, IT department, internal stakeholders, external vendors, and customers. Must be willing to learn and implement the latest in standards based web technologies to keep our company's web presence modern.
- Designs and executes long-term strategic technical plan for our company's web properties, including technologies, standards, compliance, functionality, procedures, and guidelines.
- Manages team of internal developers and consultants to implement new web solutions and maintenance for the company's web sites.
- Works with internal IT department and external vendors in the development and support of in-house developed, externally developed and purchased software web applications.
- Utilizes advanced problem-solving technical skills to understand web-related questions and to resolve technical issues related to the web.
- Defines, documents, and refines our company's web development processes and standards.
- Retain an agile approach to management and willingness to do end-to-end code development when required.
- Creates and maintains technical documentation of developed applications and procedures consistent with IT documented standards.
- Adheres to company IT policies, procedures, and development/ project management methodologies.
- Ensures data security is designed into each developed application or solution.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum seven years experience of programming and application development in a corporate or professional services setting with responsibility for web site development and maintenance.
- Minimum five years Java application development with architect level experience in Adobe CQ.
- Experienced in standards-based technologies and processes including: Eclipse, HTML5, jQuery, ExtJs, CSS3,
- Progressive Enhancement, JCR, git, XML, Web Services, Apache Felix, and testing frameworks.
- Other related technologies including Oracle, Siebel, PHP, SQL, Apache, DNS, CDN (Akamai preferred), social networking API, Google Pagespeed, SiteCatalyst, Test & Target, and Google Analytics.
- Detail oriented with a focus on environment consistency and execution based on best practices.
- Experienced in SEO best practices and driving traffic to the site.
- Experienced with e-commerce and other functional e-business applications.
- Experienced with site strategy planning and information architecture.
- Ability to analyze and interpret web analytics reports to improve site design and user experience.
- Prefer experience with user testing and usability analysis.
- Strong testing, debugging, and documentation skills
- Ability to finish tasks on time with minimal supervision
- Must have strong analytical, written and oral communication skills, ability to multi-task, and be customer centric.
- Must have the ability to mentor and grow technical capabilities of development team members and explain complex technology based solutions to business owners.
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.