3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2012 5:27 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Audio sync lost from AE to Encore.

Addis Level 1

I'm using AE6 with a 23.976 timeline with audio that is correctly synced in the timeline.  I render using the Blueray presets and import the resulting audio and video files into encore dropping them into a new timeline.  This is a full feature length film.  The audio begins to drift in Encore the further down the timeline unlike in AE.  Sync is lost.  Anyone experience this?  I'm using adobe's own presets....  The platform doesn't seem to make a difference.  Madening trying to get a bluray out the door.  Alternatively, one could render the AE project in media encoder, but I don't see that being any different.

Thanks!

Similar bug found in that h264 files rendered in AE at 23.976 do not have their time interpreted the same as they go to other apps like Davinci Resolve.

• 1. Re: Audio sync lost from AE to Encore.
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> Alternatively, one could render the AE project in media encoder, but I don't see that being any different.

Actually, it's a lot different.

The MPEG-2 and H.264 exporters in After Effects have a lot of problems that the corresponding formats in Adobe Media Encoder (AME) don't have. Whenever possible, use AME for exporting these formats.

What I do is export a lossless master/archive file out of After Effects and drop that into a watch folder for AME for all of my distribution formats.

• 2. Re: Audio sync lost from AE to Encore.
            Addis Level 1

Cool.  My master though is a 1.6TB EXR sequence from Resolve.  Can't just drag and drop that in AME. 

If this is the case, I'd feature request removing the bluray presets from AE if they are indeed broken.

• 3. Re: Audio sync lost from AE to Encore.
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> If this is the case, I'd feature request removing the bluray presets from AE if they are indeed broken.

I agree. I can't comment on work that may be currently underway, but I will say that you'd be well advised to move all such output to AME (as much as is feasible for you).