4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2012 9:31 AM by Jeffrey_Smith

Acrobat 9 I know

Randy1421

I know this is the wrong section, but i get more help here them any where else.

My client sends in a final PDF 6 colours, a day later sends a PDF with a varnish only.

Is there away to combine these 2 PDFs into one single PDF, not 2 pages.

So i can send it off to the printer. They want it combined.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Acrobat 9 I know
          Michael Gianino Level 4

Although I can't give you a specific solution, I can tell you that it's possible. The company I work for does newspaper ads with many versions. They get a base color PDF, and a black-only PDF for each version (usually just price differences between similar stores). We use a program that essentially emulates a double-burn, where a new PDF is made that combines the CMY of the base with the K of the version, so I imagine that would also work in your situation. I don't work on that end of the jobs here, or I'd give you more detail.

• 2. Re: Acrobat 9 I know
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I think I'd place both PDFs into a new ID file and in the Attibutes panel set the varnish to overprint fill. Hopefully it's tagged with a spot color so it will separate. Export a new PDF from the new doc.

• 3. Re: Acrobat 9 I know
              Randy1421 Level 1

Yes i know i could do that. Just thinking that it could be done in acrobat.

Thanks

• 4. Re: Acrobat 9 I know
                Jeffrey_Smith Most Valuable Participant

Yes, it can be done in Acrobat. First show Layers Panel in Acrobat X  > View > Show/Hide > Navigation Panes > Layers. Then in the Panel, select Options > Import as Layer > Source File [Varnish PDF] this will merge two pdfs into one page. Note: this can be done in earlier versions, the menu locations are slightly different.