6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2012 4:04 PM by gms46

Hotfix 2

p3142

I was looking to update my installation with Hotfix 2 for Codfusion 9.  However, the link http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/cumulative-hot-fix-2-coldfusion-1.html is broken (404), and has been for the past week.  I have a couple of security updates I wanted to install, and wanted to get the hotfix installed first to bring everthing up to date.

Any idea why the link is broken?  Is it bad?  The hotfix can still be loaded through Google's page cache!!

• 1. Re: Hotfix 2
          BKBK Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Broken links are common on Adobe.com. Especially when you're looking for ColdFusion downloads. Take that as a lucky sign and upgrade to Update 2 of ColdFusion 9 (that is, CF9.0.2).

It includes all previous upgrades and hot fixes of Coldfusion 9. However, it excludes Verity. (Particularly important to you if your applications use Verity collections.) . It is instructive to read the background information leading to the release of CF9.0.2 before you install it.

• 2. Re: Hotfix 2
            p3142 Level 1

Thanks - I like the idea of moving to 9.0.2, and we moved away from Verity to SOLR a while ago so that should be no problem. 

Howver, on further investigation I noticed that is an installer, not an updater.  So I think I would lose all my configuration settings. 

On a single-node production machine I cannot afford the downtime - and potential risk (where did we put all those passwords for mail server, database connections, etc?). It could take me quite a while to get everything set up again.....

Aargh!

• 3. Re: Hotfix 2
              • 4. Re: Hotfix 2
                p3142 Level 1

Thanks BKBK! 

I am also testing out the CF archive capability - I have not used this before - which may work to restore the 9.01 configuration settings.  That will keep downtime to a minimum. Would welcome any thoughts.

• 5. Re: Hotfix 2

You hit it on the head: test. Specify beforehand what you wish to test, based on your expectation. Test, and test again, until you are satisfied with the result. Document the process such that anyone can use your documentation to reproduce the result.

• 6. Re: Hotfix 2
                    gms46 Level 1

Same here, ttp://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/cumulative-hot-fix-2-coldfusion-1.html is missing.  Need to update several machines, using 9.0.2 installer is not an options since i would have to reinstall CF completely.  In all reality these things like these just need to work, this is professional licensed product which we pay for.