15 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2013 7:39 AM by lhdz12

why no download for CR 7.3?

GeofferyH Level 1

Why do I have to go through PS CS6? I prefer to download & archive all apps, updates, and patches for future use if needed.

Hope this isn't the start of a permanent trend.

• 1. Re: why no download for CR 7.3?
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It was the same for 7.2 and I would guess it is going to continue.

• 2. Re: why no download for CR 7.3?
            Andrew_Hart Level 2

Totally agree with you GeofferyH.

It's a right PITA!

• 3. Re: why no download for CR 7.3?
              aadams79
              1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: why no download for CR 7.3?
                Andrew_Hart Level 2

aadams79,

I would be very interested to know how you found this link - for future reference.

If you just search adobe\downloads (the logical place to look) it is simply not listed.

So if it is in fact available from another source (from the content of the URL it is obviously connected with adobe), why the f**k don't they list it where all the other recent updates appear?

It just makes no sense and it is infuriating!

Again, please tell us why you looked where you did and what gave you the lead.

It is interesting and peculiar that if you try to access the core URL or any shortened version whatsoever of the full URL you get the message that the site is either Forbidden or that you don't have authority to access it.

Message was edited by: Andrew_Hart

• 5. Re: why no download for CR 7.3?
                  GeofferyH Level 1

Thanks aadams!

• 6. Re: why no download for CR 7.3?
                    deejjjaaaa Level 2

> I would be very interested to know how you found this link - for future reference

I did post them there = http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/12/13/Adobe-Photoshop-Lightroom-4-3-Adobe-Camera-Raw-7-3

Why ?

• 7. Re: why no download for CR 7.3?
                      ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Unless the link was shared with you by Adobe it would be useful to know how you determined it so others can do the same hacking and not rely on waiting for someone to point on the forum.

• 8. Re: why no download for CR 7.3?
                        Andrew_Hart Level 2

What ssprengel said in post #7.

And no, deejjjaaaa (what kind of name is that anyway? - why don't people use their real names in these forums so that we know who the heck we are talking to)  there is no link on the dpreview forum for the ACR 7.3 update, only the Lightroom 4.3 update.

• 9. Re: why no download for CR 7.3?
                          deejjjaaaa Level 2

> here is no link on the dpreview forum for the ACR 7.3 update, only the Lightroom 4.3 update.

I posted in comments to dpreview announcement (just scroll the page down, it is still there)

> Unless the link was shared with you by Adobe it would be useful to know how you determined it so others can do the same hacking and not rely on waiting for someone to point on the forum.

it is so common knowledge... for example = http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2011/03/keeping-photoshop-up-to-date.html#notconnected

• 10. Re: why no download for CR 7.3?
                            Andrew_Hart Level 2

deejjjaaaa wrote:

it is so common knowledge... for example = http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2011/03/keeping-photoshop-up-to-date .html#notconnected

Well, I just don't accept that it "is so common knowledge". It might be to you, because you just happen to be aware of that particular page. I, and I bet a heck of a lot of others, have never seen it before and have never had cause to look for it or been referred to it.

Furthermore, the page you have referenced, at the time of its creation, speaks, specifically and only, about the 7.3 upgrade. What guarantee have we that when the next release of ACR (7.4?) comes out that this page will be updated? I'll answer that: absolutely none. What is the prospect that it will be updated? Who can tell, but I'll venture a guess: very slim!

There is simply no excuse for Adobe not listing the direct download URL along with all the other Adobe download updates.

Did not take my bait about your real name, I see. Pity, because when someone posts helpful information on any forum, as you have here, it is very satisfying to be able to send a sincere thank you to a real person. In the absence of having that ability, thanks anyway abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz. Well, for all I know that might me your real name. Are you really so sensitive about preserving your anonymity?

• 11. Re: why no download for CR 7.3?
                              deejjjaaaa Level 2

> Well, I just don't accept that it "is so common knowledge".

actually it is, a big majority of licensed users have no issues to update ACR as Adobe wants - through the update mechanism (the mere fact that Adobe does that 2nd time in a row shows that the first time did not create any disaster)... majority of those who have issues either can take that to their customer service (to get the links) or know where/how to get the update themselves... yet, there are few people who can't and don't hence the links are posted (they were posted before for 7.2 on the same exactly page, for example)

> Furthermore, the page you have referenced, at the time of its creation, speaks, specifically and only, about the 7.3 upgrade.

the time of its (the page, not one of its updates to v7.2 and then v7.3 links) creation = "March 2, 2011"... you need more attention to the details... just several lines below links to direct ACR downloads there are even first comments to that page dated "April 7, 2011"...

> What guarantee have we that when the next release of ACR (7.4?) comes out that this page will be updated? I'll answer that: absolutely none.

your shall measure your confidence by your attention to the details (see above)... there is a chance that they won't, but then you can always bug the customer service...

• 12. Re: why no download for CR 7.3?
                                alanv7676 Level 1

Greetings

I just posted question earlier this evening about issues updating Camera Raw 7.3 through Update Mechanism.  Just found your post and link.  I had GREAT success!!  Thank you : O

• 13. Re: why no download for CR 7.3?
                                  aadams79 Level 1

@deejjjaaaa:  Indeed, I took note of the root base update URL (for I believe it was the ACR 7.2 update) posted in a similar but earlier thread to this one here in the "Adobe Community" forums.  From that base, I performed a Google search and found a couple of matches with working ACR 7.3 direct DL links including your own (as you had indicated) to Digital Photography Review.  I thought it a good gesture to then re-post the link here so that a wider swath of Photoshop and other ACR dependant users could reference it.  THANK YOU for that additional link that you provided < http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2011/03/keeping-photoshop-up-to-date .html#notconnected >...I, myself, was completely unaware of that page, but I now have it bookmarked!

• 14. Re: why no download for CR 7.3?
                                    aadams79 Level 1

@Andrew_Hart:  Dude (I am presuming by your own personal choice to self-identify), I totally dig your and understand your interest in asking for further insight into how the ACR 7.3 direct DL link was obtained (I too, find it rather ridiculous that Adobe has chosen to NOT make ACR update links post v7.2 generally publicly available as I greatly prefer direct DL links with the OPTION to use the Adobe Updater)...and NOW you have both deejjjaaaa and my divulgence of source IN ADDITION to the v7.3 direct DL link already provided.  While it was a question worth asking, I personally feel you were quite unnecessarily rude toward deejjjaaaa in the process of asking what was an otherwise fair question.  What difference does it make what "name" a person uses on this forum, or any other for that matter?  If a person chooses to provide their actual name OR some nickname OR some phoney name OR no name at all...it doesn't change the fact that in this instance the same person you were criticizing for THEIR personal choice to NOT publicly provide their legal name here on this forum is (I believe) unwarranted.  In this bold new age of ID theft and all sorts of other crap, I (for one) can respect a person's right to choose for themselves what information they will and will not provide on the internet.  Bottom line, if a person is kind enough to help me out with some piece of information that I am after...I do not require a name to give them my sincere gratitude.

(Perhaps some food for thought.)

• 15. Re: why no download for CR 7.3?
                                      lhdz12

Thanks for the link, I have to download everything for my Mac from a PC as the my Mac is not on the network...