6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2012 7:36 PM by em_T_hed

CS5.5 question

em_T_hed Level 1

Everytime I go to shutdown the program, it ends up 'not responding' in task manager and at the top of the window for the software and I have to 'End Task' it in task manager.  How do I remedy this? 

EDIT:  Are there any known issues with this software and NVidia beta drivers 310.70? I'm using a GTX 690

• 1. Re: CS5.5 question
          em_T_hed Level 1

When I go to export a video, the export window is stuck on 'rendering...'  in the video preview area.  The same thing happens when i try to use Adobe Media Encoder.  The preview for the video is stuck on 'rendering...' And i haven't started rendering anything yet. 

When I press the Export button or Start queue, both programs give me an error message.

EDIT: I've cleared the media cache files and deleted all render preview files.

Here is an image.  http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8078/8275068142_34103c2220_h.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

• 2. Re: CS5.5 question
            em_T_hed Level 1

lol... thanks for all the help... I rolled back to WHQL drivers from nvidia and it solved my problems.  I'm not 100% sure it was because of the nvidia beta drivers, but rolling back fixed whatever the cause was for now.

• 3. Re: CS5.5 question
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news, and thanks for reporting the solution - though you did all the "heavy lifting" yourself.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: CS5.5 question
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>using a GTX 690

As well as driver versions sometimes causing problems, do be aware that PPro not only does not use SLI, it may sometimes have serious problems with SLI

Since the 690 is a dual GPU card, do you have it configured to only use one GPU while in PPro?

• 5. Re: CS5.5 question
                  em_T_hed Level 1

John T Smith wrote:

>using a GTX 690

As well as driver versions sometimes causing problems, do be aware that PPro not only does not use SLI, it may sometimes have serious problems with SLI

Since the 690 is a dual GPU card, do you have it configured to only use one GPU while in PPro?

Yes.  I've added PPro to the nvidia control panel list of programs and it's listed as 'single gpu' usage.

• 6. Re: CS5.5 question
                    em_T_hed Level 1

I figured out the audio on my source footage was causing the "Rendering..."  issue.  But I think the beta drivers were messing with the program somehow and not letting it shutdown properly.  I noticed the preview image in the top left wasn't showing up and no video images were showing up in the top right window of the editing workspace and if images showed, it would take a few seconds for it to respond while scrubbing through the footage.