• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have installed flash on my laptop, ie, but computer says no flash is installed. Help!

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2012 Dec 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows Vista SP2, 4gb, 32 bit.    Each time I install Flash 11 (via links) or 11.5 (directly), the screen tells me either I must close IE (task manager says it is closed) or install is complete.  But when I go to the adobe flash site, it says no Adobe Flash has been installed.screen shot compr.jpg

I am running McAfee.  Any idea what I can do?  I would prefer to not use Chrome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

While running Adobe Flash Player make sure IE is not running.

Launch Task Manager and under process tab there should no process with "iexplore.exe"..

Note : Make sure you click "Show process from all users"

If in case Adobe Flash Player is installed and IE does not play Adobe Flash content then check the Add-on and Active-X filtering (Under Tools)

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding!!

I can check the add-on and ActiveX, but what should I check for?

Stacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure Shockwave Flash Object is Enabled (under Tools -> manager add-ons) and Active-X filtering is not checked (Under Tools -> Security)

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines