What are your screen settings? Definitely sounds liek a graphics issue... Also, did you recently update Adobe AIR/ Flash player or install scripts/ plug-ins that use custom panels?
Thank you for the reply.
Screen settings are 1920x1080 1 monitor
I actually uninstalled flash completely as a troubleshoot. Installed v.11.2 just before reinstalling CS6. Adobe AIR is installed. No new plugins/scripts.
If there is a bad script, where would it be? I checked program files/common and deleted the user profile app data files for AE.
Just guessing... Sounds reasonably normal and your card should have more than enough juice to handle both apps. Still, somewhere there is a driver issue. As a test, you might uninstal lyour Catalyst and let Windows search for the graphics driver. This way it will only install the basic driver. Apparently this seems to fix a lot of issues with OpenGL in 3D programs, so it may resolve your issues as well. Also our resident ATI/ AMD expert over at the PS forum still recommends Catalyst 12.08... Perhaps you can try that. Beyond that I'm not sure what to advise, but check your device manager. This may even be another driver like your audio or something completely unrelated like a USB port driver. Strange things can happen...
I used msconfig to do a diagnostic startup with minimal drivers. The app started right up. I could enter preferences with no problem.
Now I am going to turn on services/startup items one at a time until it messes up again.
I will update.
Who's says that Microsoft can't debug?
I used msconfig, first disabling startup items, -same result.
Enabled all startup items, disabled all non-microsoft services - AE worked!
I re-enabled each service in turn until AE crashed.
The fault was related to an item for a video streaming device I have in my house. It was Monsoon-multimedia's Vulkano Service. Sometimes under the old name of Hava, this is an app that acts like a sling-box to send my Cable TV to my screen. It does load a couple of virtual devices in device manager, and uses a proprietary codec.
I uninstalled the vulkano streamer application and rebooted the external Vulkano device. I reinstalled the Vulkano and verified it connected to the device and could stream. Once it did, I tried AE again and IT WORKED!
I wonder if simply rebooting the Vulkano would have fixed it. Its like opening the garage door to turn on the refridgerator.
Thanks for the help!
Its like opening the garage door to turn on the refridgerator.
Glad you could figure it out!