2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2014 3:46 PM by cliffclof

How to select a full clip with keyboard?

cliffclof Level 1

I understand I can hit the 'T' key to select the nearest edit point, but how do I select a full clip so that I can copy it and paste it?  Lets say I don't want to use the mouse because it doesn't select the small clip very easy after the new 'dull' cs6 mouse tools were added.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: How to select a full clip with keyboard?
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There is no way to do that with the keyboard.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Premiere CS6 has a new feature for copy/pasting clips.

Hover mouse over clip, hold down ALT, click and drag.

• 2. Re: How to select a full clip with keyboard?
            cliffclof Level 1

**UPDATE** CC allows a shortcut to be edited called: "Select Clip at Playhead" in keyboard shortcuts.  This allows the CTI to choose the clip it currently touches in the highlighted tracks.

**END**

That is so funny I just, JUST accidentally stumbled on the alt copy 3 minutes ago before I checked this.  I like that because it makes sense.  It took me a couple minutes to realize that now to move linked clips individually you have to alt click then re-click and drag without keyboard modifiers to move a clip without copying.  I like this feature.

That's a bummer about the no clip selecting with keyboard though.  I think I needed it more for selecting transitions to delete and I'm noticing right now that even when the select tool turns into the (trim tool?) when mousing over a transition the transition still becomes selected when clicking anywhere on it.  That's not bad.

Love/Hate with the changes until I get used to them.  now my biggest annoyance is the snap and cursor fattiness.  But my biggest love is the continuous edit/cut-while-playback feature using Quadro card.