6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2012 4:43 AM by Teafran

Obtaining a new copy of CS4..

Teafran

I lost my disc drive, probaly due to age, and I lost my Photoshop CS4 program in the crash.  I would like to find out how I can obtain a copy of CS4 or even if that is possible.  I purchased it on an educational discount and it was downloaded - I did not receive a backup disc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Obtaining a new copy of CS4..
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

I did not receive a backup disc.

You could (one might even say: should) have made a backup of the installer yourself.

If you can’t download the installer from Adobe’ site anymore you could try

http://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html#more-5583

• 2. Re: Obtaining a new copy of CS4..
            Teafran Level 1

Thanks.  I did make a backup of the installer - two in fact, but they were lost in the move to a new house after we retired.  I lost all my software backups in fact - bummer.

I tried that website but it gave me a 404 error so that's out.

I guess I will just have to use Lightroom and Elements from this point - which is fine - Photoshop was a little bit of overkill anyway.

Thanks much for your help.

Tom

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Obtaining a new copy of CS4..
              Stacey Bindman Level 1

Hello Teafran,

I'm just answering from what I might expect from Adobe, rather than what Adobe might do.

Saying that, I would think that as long as you have:

1. Proof of purchase

2. Registered the software

Then if Adobe still keeps CS4 active on their servers, you should be able to download it.

Just to lighten up the conversation, I'm having some problems with CS6.

My latest Adobe CS6 notification says it all below, and you can click to enlarge that!

2012-12-16_07-35-49-PS-WHAT!.jpg

I figure that if after about 90 years from now (the 32,767 days in their message), I have to change from this paid-up in full version, which their calling a "trial", then for sure, you should be able to get another copy!

I personally like to purchase a hard copy of any software that I purchase if it is available.

SB

• 4. Re: Obtaining a new copy of CS4..
                Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

That link still works, you just have to follow the directions at the top of the page.

Untitled-1.png

• 5. Re: Obtaining a new copy of CS4..
                  John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Teafran wrote:

I tried that website but it gave me a 404 error so that's out.

The prodesigntools link works fine. I just tried it.

You must first follow the instructions above the links carefully.

• 6. Re: Obtaining a new copy of CS4..
                    Teafran Level 1

Thanks guys - I finally got it.  I had some issues with my fire wall that was causing some of the problem.  The other was Firefox for some reason - it doens't want to close properly which was preventing it from downloading.  Don't ask me - I lost control of my computer when GUI became the norm instead of the command line.

Thanks again.

Tom