2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2012 9:40 AM by maljwill

5.1 surround sound

maljwill

I am having problems with 5.1 surround sound. When I try to map the channels in set up there is only two channels.

The sound card is built on to the motherboard a Asus P8277-V pro this as a reltec sound chip set. (this works OK with other programs)

Also when making a Blue Ray disk with 5.1or a DVD surround-sound there is no sound from the rear.

• 1. Re: 5.1 surround sound
          the_wine_snob Level 9

A couple of questions:

• In Audio Hardware>ASIO, what are your settings and choices? Some users have found that they need the free driver, ASIO4All, to get their 5.1 on-board Audio to function properly.
          • For the Project, is it setup with a 5.1 Master?
          • Are you using the SurCode plug-in (optional), for your Encoding?

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - Encore can author to DD 5.1 SS, with the proper AC3, but you can ONLY hear the Audio in passthrough mode, so you cannot monitor 5.1 SS in Encore, just author to it. All monitoring will need to be done in PrPro, or an audio-editing program, that handles DD 5.1 SS.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 5.1 surround sound
            maljwill Level 1

Hi Bill

thanks for the reply

the answer to your questions is as follows:

ASIO settings devices available are speakers, optical output and coaxial

output

in audio mapping there is only two speakers available front left and right.

The master audio is set for 5.1.

No I am not using SurCode for encoding, from the information available it

would seem that this will not work with CS6, also the link from within the

program seems not to work(returns page not found) and a search on the WEB

reveals nothing.

I have made some test DVD's and Blue Rays with different setting and none

have produced a 5.1 sound out, (this is on my home surround sound system)

ether there is no sound from the back of it is just the front sound at the

back.

I will try the ASIO4ALL and see if that works

thanks for the help

Malcolm