• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am facing activation errors

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2012 Dec 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem that I have isn't installing ADE 2.0.  I figured out the unblock trick before seeing these installation instructions.  However, when attempting to download an ebook by clicking on the *.acsm file I get an activation error message. 

ADE appears to open just fine, I can read the documents that are on the computer and on the nook. 

Thanks for your input.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branched this to a separate discussion as you choose to respond to a discussion regarding the installation of Adobe Digital Editions under Windows Vista.

What error are you receiving when you try to activate your e-book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  Using Vista, ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite, Google Chrome.  The error occurs when trying to download a library ebook. 

I'm running ADE 1.7.2 on an older XP computer and everything works just fine.  (Moments ago I downloaded a new library book on my XP computer, went fine, however, after transferring book to my nook I can't open.  This a new message:  Error Dialog.  User not activated.)

The error window states:  Error! Check activation.

I recently reviewed the help site again and followed instructions for allowing a program exception through Windows Firewall.  No change.  I've been unable to find a FAQ concerning that error.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the Adobe ID is not sign in on your Nook.  Please make sure that the account utilized by Adobe Digital Editions is the same as what is used on your Nook.  If you go to Library>Authorize Computer you will see the ID which is currently being utilized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ADE ID matches the one listed in the Nook.  However I may have inadvertently created a problem, when setting up our Nooks a year ago, not knowing any better I set up IDs for both me on our desktop and my wife on her laptop.  I figured that I've been pretty smart in downloading library books for both of us on either computer and transferring to either Nook.  That process has worked fine until the last couple of days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes this workflow could cause quite a few problems.  I would recommend you work to combine all of the books under the same account.  You can contact the eBook provider for your wife or your purchases and request that the activation be reset.  When you then download the books to ADE it will activate under the ID activated under that account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines