15 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2012 11:03 AM by tailey144

Duplicate display values error

tailey144

"FormsCentral could not import the PDF because field Rating1a contains duplicate display values."

I keep getting this error and I checked all my values and there are no duplicates.

So then I delete Rating1a and then put it right back on the form (ctrl-x then ctrl-v) then

it no longer throws the error for this particular set of radio buttons;

it moves on to the next set of radio buttons and throws the same error.

So I thought, okay, that's a little annoying, but I'll just do the same thing for all the sets of radio buttons.

But then...it cycled back to the first set and threw the same error!

Help!

• 1. Re: Duplicate display values error
          hrpo

I have the same problem !

I thought my form is too large (200+ more field) and this error occured when uploading process stop at variable 200. After extracting pages the error still occurs. What is going on here ?

• 2. Re: Duplicate display values error
            RandySwineford Adobe Employee

Can you send the PDF you tried to import to formscentral_feedback@adobe.com so we can take a look.

Thanks,

Randy

• 3. Re: Duplicate display values error

Can you also send the PDF you tried to import to formscentral_feedback@adobe.com so we can take a look.

Thanks,

Randy

• 4. Re: Duplicate display values error
                hrpo Level 1

Randy,

Please look at my form and thanks for your help,

Hary

• 5. Re: Duplicate display values error
                  hrpo Level 1

Change radio button to check box solve the problem but it become an ugly form !

• 6. Re: Duplicate display values error
                    plee1388 Adobe Employee

Hi Tailey144,

The cause of this issue is likely due to the PDF’s radio buttons have the same name.  If possible, please rename the radio buttons first, and then try import pdf with FormsCentral.   

Hope this help,

Perry

• 7. Re: Duplicate display values error
                      tailey144 Level 1

I sent in my form this afternoon; did you get it?

• 8. Re: Duplicate display values error
                        tailey144 Level 1

I checked them all and can't find any duplicates.

• 9. Re: Duplicate display values error
                          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

All of the radio buttons in a group are supposed to have the same field name but each in the group should have an export value (aka Button Value) that's unique in the group. Is that how you've set up your radio button groups?

• 10. Re: Duplicate display values error
                            tailey144 Level 1

I know, I did that. In Acrobat Pro I named the three radio buttons the same but gave each one a different value.

Also, I've set up successful forms with radio buttons before; I just can't see what is wrong with this one. I looked at all the variable names and values.

• 11. Re: Duplicate display values error
                              hrpo Level 1

I did check and everything is ok and still give error. I changed to use check box, it uploaded to central form but here is all errors:

The choice field FundingSystem contains both display and export values.  FormsCentral must discard the export values and this may cause existing calculations and validations to fail.

The checkbox field ConsistentRGP14 contains an export value. FormsCentral will record the checked state, but will not include the export value.

The checkbox field ConsistentRGP19 contains an export value. FormsCentral will record the checked state, but will not include the export value.

The checkbox field IncreaseDensity contains an export value. FormsCentral will record the checked state, but will not include the export value.

The checkbox field NMSidewalk2 contains an export value. FormsCentral will record the checked state, but will not include the export value.

The checkbox field NMSidewalk1 contains an export value. FormsCentral will record the checked state, but will not include the export value.

The checkbox field NMShared2 contains an export value. FormsCentral will record the checked state, but will not include the export value.

The checkbox field NMShared1 contains an export value. FormsCentral will record the checked state, but will not include the export value.

The checkbox field NMBike2 contains an export value. FormsCentral will record the checked state, but will not include the export value.

The checkbox field NMBike1 contains an export value. FormsCentral will record the checked state, but will not include the export value.

The checkbox field ImproveFreightAccess contains an export value. FormsCentral will record the checked state, but will not include the export value.

The checkbox field ReduceTTFreight contains an export value. FormsCentral will record the checked state, but will not include the export value.

The checkbox field ConnectFreight contains an export value. FormsCentral will record the checked state, but will not include the export value.

The checkbox field ImproveDelivery contains an export value. FormsCentral will record the checked state, but will not include the export value.

The checkbox field ImproveIntermod contains an export value. FormsCentral will record the checked state, but will not include the export value.

The checkbox field IncreaseAccessGen_Yes contains an export value. FormsCentral will record the checked state, but will not include the export value.

The checkbox field InHighGrowth_Yes contains an export value. FormsCentral will record the checked state, but will not include the export value.

The checkbox field OnTransitRoute_Yes contains an export value. FormsCentral will record the checked state, but will not include the export value.

Checkbox should not contain export value ? It doesn't make sense !

• 12. Re: Duplicate display values error
                                tailey144 Level 1

I deleted everything except for these radio buttons but it is still throwing the same error.

Rating1a.jpg

• 13. Re: Duplicate display values error

Thanks for sending the file (especially one that is so simple). We are looking into the issue.

Thanks,

Randy

• 14. Re: Duplicate display values error
                                    tailey144 Level 1

Here's some additional information for your debugging pleasure:

I've been making my PDFs like this:

1) Microsoft Word; convert to PDF

2) Create Form in Acrobat Pro by importing PDF

3) Edit form

4) Upload to FormsCentral.

It worked the first few times but suddenly I was getting Knowledge Source errors at Step 2. I was getting around this by manually adding the rest of my fields. So maybe this caused the duplicate fields error.

This time I am not allowing Acrobat Pro to add fields, and just manually adding them by copy and pasting fields from a prior working form. That seems to be working so far; I was able to upload to FormsCentral.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

• 15. Re: Duplicate display values error
                                      tailey144 Level 1

Okay that didn't work. It was going well; I copy and pasted an old working form and that worked; as soon as I added 3 new radio buttons, it could no longer upload.