• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with RH 9Printed Documentation not displaying some popups, drop-downs, and links

Participant ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generate a Word document for reviewers. PrintedDoc properties include: Retain hyperlinks; Include drop-down text; Include expanding text.

• Sometimes the Word 2010 document includes hyperlinks, sometimes it doesn't.
  • Popups typically don't work in the Word document.
  • Drop-down and expanding text appear intermittently in the Word document.

Has anyone experienced this and have a solution?

Thanks.

Carol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

I have never known hyperlinks to fail except in two situations.

1. The target topic is not in the printed document. Obviously it cannot link to something that is not there.
  2. The hyperlink is a popup.

Not sure what you mean by popups not working in a printed document. If you mean the links to them break, then see above. Known issue.

I'm not sure why you are having the dropdown and expanding text problem as I have not known that to be an issue either. Is it always the same dropdowns that fail? Have you co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never known hyperlinks to fail except in two situations.

1. The target topic is not in the printed document. Obviously it cannot link to something that is not there.
  2. The hyperlink is a popup.

Not sure what you mean by popups not working in a printed document. If you mean the links to them break, then see above. Known issue.

I'm not sure why you are having the dropdown and expanding text problem as I have not known that to be an issue either. Is it always the same dropdowns that fail? Have you compared a good dropdown and a bad dropdown?

Take a look at Printed Documentation on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter.

Yes, the links to the hyperlink popups are broken--in the Word document, the popup text is not hyperlinked. I found the problem when the reviewer suggested, in a couple of places in the review document, that I hyperlink to other topics; in fact, those popup hyperlinks exist, but he couldn' see them in Word.

I assume that "have you compared a good dropdown and a bad dropdown" refers to comparing the HTML code. I haven't done that yet, but will do so when back in the office tomorrow (where I have a dual monitor setup). It's hard to do compares on a small laptop screen.

Looking at your site right now ..

Carol

Update 1/22/2013: The content of drop-downs is now correctly appearing in Printed Doc. I changed most of the pop-ups to hyperlinks because we provide Printed Doc to reviewers and need to see all the content.

Message was edited by: AIR-Chayah on 1/22/2013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp