5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2012 11:39 AM by sinious

No Control Skin - Even in Published HTML

AnotherEpigone

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a simple .swf file to wrap an FLV file. My process was as follows in Flash Pro CS6:

- Import > Import Video

- Browse for a file and select "load external..." radio button

- Select one of the built-in skins

- Finish

- Save

- Publish

The publish automatically copies a skin .swf, and makes a sample html page. But, even in the sample, the controls are missing. Autoplay video works fine, but there are no controls.

Any ideas why this could be?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: No Control Skin - Even in Published HTML
          sinious Most Valuable Participant

Did you test this locally or online? If online did you remember to upload the skin swf?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: No Control Skin - Even in Published HTML
            AnotherEpigone Level 1

Thanks for your reply, I only tested locally.

When I publish I've got an output folder with all the relevant files, including the control skin, and an HTML file which should display the video. Now, I've read that on a web server the skin has to go at the root, but I'm not sure how that correlates when running locally.

I'm planning to use this swf file in a Windows application using the Shockwave Player ActiveX control. I've tested this and it works just the same as the sample HTML - video plays fine, but no controls.

• 3. Re: No Control Skin - Even in Published HTML

Just remember this simple rule.  All content is referenced from the file loaded.

You're loading the HTML file.  Therefore all loads work from that location. If the SWF is not in the same folder as the HTML it won't be found by default,  unless you use ActionScript to modify the location the skin controls are requested from.

By default the SWF,  HTML are published in the same folder. There's a reason for that.

• 4. Re: No Control Skin - Even in Published HTML
                AnotherEpigone Level 1

For me everything is in the output folder together, and it's not being loaded. That's why I'm asking a question here, because it's really weird that it can't find a skin in the same folder, especially when publishing automatically places it there.

I also never changed where the skin is loaded from, I just selected it from the dropdown.

• 5. Re: No Control Skin - Even in Published HTML

Just to be sure, click on the FLVPlayback component and give it an instance name (in the properties panel), like myVideo.

If you don't have a code layer just add a new layer and make a blank keyframe on the frame the FLVPlayback component sits on in the code layer. Try explicitly setting the skin like so:

myVideo.skin = "SkinOverPlayStopSeekFullVol.swf";

Change the name of the skins .swf as needed. See if you see the skin.