12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2013 8:55 AM by Ralf Oehrlein

bridge cs 6 and camera raw

Ralf Oehrlein

I have got a problem with bridge cs6. RAW pictures from canon EOS 6 wil not shown. I only see the sign CR" and the name of the file. But i can open the pictures in camera raw. I am working with windows 7, 64 bit, photoshop is updated (13.0.1), camera raw version is 7.3

• 2. Re: bridge cs 6 and camera raw
          SG... Adobe Employee

Hi,

Have you tried purging the directories cache? Go to Tools> Cache> Purge Cache for Folder "..."

regards,

steve

• 3. Re: bridge cs 6 and camera raw
            Ralf Oehrlein Level 1

Yes i have tried to purge the cache. No result, its the same

Now i noticed, that i cannot see older raw files too, ( Canon Eos 5D mark II) files, that i can see in bridge cs4. Also I cannot see the same pictures , that i have converted with Adobe DNG Konverter.

regards.

ralf

• 4. Re: bridge cs 6 and camera raw
              SG... Adobe Employee

Hi,

With Bridge running, can you go to Edit> Camera Raw  Preferences... and confirm the build string (at the top). For ACR 7.3 it should read "Version 7.3.0.71".

If you can't get that far, check that you have a plug-in at each of these locations:

64 bit Camera Raw Plug-in Folder:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS6\File Formats

32 bit Camera Raw Plug-in Folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS6\File Formats

regards,

steve

• 5. Re: bridge cs 6 and camera raw
                Ralf Oehrlein Level 1

Hi,

i cannot choose Camera Raw Preferences., Camera Raw Preferenzes is non-active

In the folder:C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS6\File Formats i find Camera Raw.8bi

regards

Ralf

• 6. Re: bridge cs 6 and camera raw
                  SG... Adobe Employee

Hi Ralf,

When you look at properties for that Camera Raw.8bi file, what is the modification date and the byte size?

And when you say these files can be opened is that by double clicking them in Bridge? When they are open does the top of the dialog say "Camera Raw 7.3"?

It doesn't sound like Bridge s loading the ACR plug-in to me. What is your Bridge version?

regards,

steve

• 7. Re: bridge cs 6 and camera raw
                    Ralf Oehrlein Level 1

Hallo Steve

The modification date is november,the 28th 2012, the size is 23.821KB

• 8. Re: bridge cs 6 and camera raw
                      Ralf Oehrlein Level 1

Hallo Steve

The modification date is november,the 28th 2012, the size is 23.821KB

Camera Raw version is 7.3, when i open the raw-files by double-click.

It is curious, when i try to find out the bridge version by ckicking about bridge i get the information, " the operation could not be completed. And in german : das system kann die angegebene datei nicht finden ( means: the system can not find the special file)

If i click on the desktop-symbol bridge i get the information : Vesion 5.0.1.23 Adobe Bridge CS6, Date 9.20.2012, language:english USA.

When i trie updating Bridge by clicking Help-Update ,i get the information: Bridge is unable to check for updates.

The most likely causes for this failure are an inabitity to connectz to the internet or beeing logged in as a non- administrative user. ( but i tryd it asadministrativ user).

photoshsop CS6 is able to update, i get the information. All applications are ap to date.

Do you think, I should install photoshop again.

regards

Ralf

PS

hi steve suddenly, bridge cs6 is running!

I have done following.

I have started Minibridge and i saw my raw files as pictures not as signs, than i changed to Bridge, where i saw my pictures too. Now Bridge is able to update and i see the menues of bridge in german language, (before in english)

Thankyou for your help

Ralf

Nachricht geändert durch Ralf Oehrlein

• 9. Re: bridge cs 6 and camera raw
                        SG... Adobe Employee

Hi Ralf,

How very odd. So to confirm, you now have Bridge 5.0.23 running as wanted in German language, and it correctly thumbnails your Canon EOS 6 files? All is functioning as expected at this point?

I do hope that's the case. :-)

regards,

steve

• 10. Re: bridge cs 6 and camera raw
                          Ralf Oehrlein Level 1

Hi Steve, now i have got Bridge 5.0.1.23x64 and everything  is working as wanted.

Thank you and Merry Christmas from Germany

Ralf

• 11. Re: bridge cs 6 and camera raw
                            SG... Adobe Employee

Great!

Happy Holidays from California.

steve

• 12. Re: bridge cs 6 and camera raw
                              Ralf Oehrlein Level 1

Hi Steve, I wish you a happy new year.

I thought my problems with bridge cs 6 wood be solved but the trouble is going on.

When I start bridge before starting photoshop I see my raw-files not as a preview. The menues are in english, not in german and it is inpossible to change the language.

When I first start Photoshop and start minibridge, than, starting bridge, I see german menues and the tumbnails of my raw files.

What can I do?