1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 21, 2012 10:58 AM by Szalam

Exporting to SWF

danmorrisonline

I'm new to AE, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. But I would really appreciate some help.

How can I convert 12 second .mov loop with transparency into a 15 second .swf with a transparent background for use in an Adobe Captivate project?

What I've tried so far has resulted in either a 12 second swf clip with transparency or a 15 second avi clip without transparency. As a newbie, I'm only using the trial version of AE for the moment. I realize it has limited codecs, so perhaps that's the problem. I think, however, it's far more likely that the problem is my limited knowledge.

Here's what I've tried (unsuccessfully) so far:

1. Created a new Composition with a Duration of 0;00;15;00 with a white background.

2. Imported my .mov file with a setting of Premultiplied Alpha Channel.

3. Brought 2 copies of the file to the stage and aligned them end-to-end on the timeline so that I filled the entire 15 seconds.

4. Exported as .swf.

This works great for giving me a transparent swf. However, the length is only 12 seconds--the length of the original clip. I can't get the full 15 seconds.

I've also tried rendering it as an .avi that I can convert to a flv or a swf. This works great for getting me the full 15 seconds, but not only does it not have transparancy but the flv causes problems within Adobe Captivate because of the way the program loads the clip.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help. I hope my explanation makes sense.

Dan

• 1. Re: Exporting to SWF
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It sounds like you may have inadvertantly set your original clip to export and not your 15-second-long comp. If the comp is 15 seconds in length, the resulting export should be as well. Another thing to check would be to make sure your work area is the entire length of the comp.