18 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2015 5:14 PM by A.T. Romano

PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs

Pablomehablo

I completed a video project and am attempting to burn it to a DVD. After encoding the entire project, and burning up to 99% I receive the following message: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs. The DVD tray opens, and a shiny, new coaster is presented.

I have run a Check Disk and Defrag on my hard drive.

No more than a month ago, I successfully burned a DVD from Premiere Elements while running a trial to evaluate the product.

I'm burning an NTSC DolbyDVD (I've tried both standard and widescreen).

I have successfully burned to a folder on my computer without an error.

My DVD-RW drive is a Plextor PX-L890SA running the latest firmware available from Plextor.

I have over 100 GB of free space on my hard drive (the drive where scratch space is identified).

Any ideas why I might be getting that error?

• 1. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
          Pablomehablo Level 1

Well, I should have paid closer attention to the FAQ on DVD burning. I had one image that was above the recommended size (1000 x 750 pixels). Using Picasa, I exported it at the appropriate size, swapped it out on the video with the old one, and my DVD burned without an error.

• 2. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Glad that you got the Project sorted out, and burned to disc. Thanks for reporting the cause, and the solution.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt

• 3. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
              Makmom

I am having this exact same problem at 98%.  I am lost for a solution.  I only have video on my movie I want to burn.  No pictures that would exceed the size factor.  Any other solutions?

• 4. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Makmom

You are in a 3 year old thread where programs and issues are not necessarily the same. Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes.

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

If Premiere Elements 13, what video card/graphic card does your computer use?

If version 13, determine if the problem exists with and without the preference "Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher" disabled.

(Please see Edit Menu/Preferences/General and "Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher")

Please supply more details so that we can fine tune a reply if I did not guess correctly at your Premiere Elements 13 and the likely cause of the

No Plug-In.DLL message in that version.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
                  Makmom Level 1

Thank you for your assistance.

I am working with Elements 13.

My computer has Integrated Intel HD Graphics & Windows 8.1  w/ 8GB Memory

I went to the edit menu/preferences/General and disabled the HD graphics 2000 as you suggested and tried to burn the movie again.  I got the same error message.

• 6. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Makmom

I had hoped that the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preference set would have corrected the problem, but it did not.

Before considering an uninstall, free ccleaner run through, and reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled, you should

look at deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if that does not work, the whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. And, if necessary, then delete the whole 13.0 Folder

in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives

enabled so that you can see the complete path.

Please remind me...are you doing burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, AVCHD format on DVD disc, or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc.

If you do the Burn To: ISO Image or Folder, do you have the same problem as Burn To: Disc?

Please let us know if any questions or need clarification on the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
                      Makmom Level 1

I am burning to DVD disk.

I have tried to follow your directions but I am not locating the AppData in the owner folder. 

I think I need to have someone with more computer knowledge than myself help me follow your directions. 

I have not tried burning to ISO Image or Folder.

This complicated for me.

• 8. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Makmom

I know you can do it. Do not underestimate yourself. And, I include a never give up in that pep talk.

Consider...

1. Burning to ISO Image or Folder is not complicated. And, the results would be a great troubleshooting assist for the burn to Disc issues.

When finished with Timeline content edits, on to Movie Menu if you want menus, and then to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD and instead of Burn To: Disc,

set the Burn To: field to ISO Image (4.7 GB). Make sure you set the name for the file that you are about to generate, and browse to and set a Save In:

location. The default is Libraries/Documents. Leave it at that if you want. Hit Burn. The important end result here is whether or not the process goes to

completion and you find your named .iso file in the Documents. We can talk about getting the .iso file onto a DVD disc another time. What you have

just done is a win win situation....if it fails, then you know that there is more going on than just a burn/disc issue...if it succeeds, you know that the Premiere Elements 13

software is doing it job.

We just did Burn To: ISO Image (4.7 GB). For burn to folder, set the Burn To: field to Folder (4.7 GB).

2. As for deleting (flushing) the preferences, you probably have your computer set so that it is hiding the files/folders that we need in order to delete

that Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, its 13.0 Folder. To unhide these hidden files and folders, you need to get to the Folder Options dialog and its View Tab so that you can scroll down the list of options under the View Tab until you get to the one for Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives. Then you make sure that it is selected.

In Windows 8.1, the path to the Folder Options dialog starts with the File Explorer. Do you know where that is? If not, I could post some screenshots.

Please review and consider the above. I feel sure you can do it.

We will await your decision.

ATR

• 9. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
                          Makmom Level 1

I did the ISO Image burn and it said burn was successful but I can not find the .iso file in my documents.

• 10. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Makmom

Great job.

If you would, please try again. Double check before you hit Burn in the burn dialog,

a. You have given the iso image a distinctive file name. Otherwise it will end up as a file named

Untitled.iso or something like that.

b. You are sure of the path were the .iso file is going to be saved? If you post, exactly what is

written in the Save In field before you hit Burn, we try to determine from that whether the .iso got

saved some place other than Libraries/Documents which is the default..

Once we find that .iso file that is produced, I will give you the details for putting that on a DVD disc

to get your DVD-VIDEO on DVD from all this.

Thanks for the follow up. Appreciated.

ATR

• 11. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
                              Makmom Level 1

I was never able to find the saved iso file. 

However, tonight when I opened Premiere Elements it said that I needed an update.  The update was called Photo Shop Camera Raw 8.7.1.  I am not sure what that was but after I ran the update, I was able to successfully burn a DVD.  I guess this solved the plugin error. 

I have successfully made my first movie on my new Premiere Elements 13 and I am very excited.  I hope it works on my next burn.

Thank you for your help. 

• 12. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Makmom

I am so excited about your good news. I had not expected that a Camera Raw Update for Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 8.1 64 bit could bring such a great result for that troublesome No Plug-In.dll error message problem. The benefits of Camera Raw in Premiere Elements are related only to being able to import raw image format and dng files into a project as source media. You need Photoshop Elements in order to open the Camera Raw dialog which allows you to do significant edits of those raw files.

Congratulations on your success and a gift to the community for No Plug-In.dll error message.

When your schedule permits, please update us on your progress.

Best wishes

ATR

• 13. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
                                  aperture14 Level 1

I, too, am unable to burn my latest project to disc.

First, I got a dll error. Now I get unknown error 2130932484.

I tried to follow your other suggestions in this string, but I could not find a PREF file nor a 13 to delete under C Drive, Windows 8, Programs, Adobe, etc. I unhid everything under View.

I checked and unchecked the HD graphics 2000 card. No difference.

In Adobe, while trying to burn I unchecked fit to media, and selected a quality that required about 2.5 GB. The project is an hour long.

I've successfully burned several other discs, but I just can't for this project.

Ideas?

Premiere Elements 13, Windows 8.1, 64 bit.

Thanks much.

• 14. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

aperture

The disc burning error 2130932484 or a slight variation thereof has been tossed around in older threads.

The range of possible suggested fixes ranged from get a new disc to inspect the expanded Timeline content for flaws in

it related to the time of appearance of the error.

Go for the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file deletion and, if that does not work, then delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. And, if that does not work, then you delete the whole 13.0 Folder

in which it exists. The key to doing this is to work with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the whole path

cited. In Windows 8, the path to the Folder Options dialog/View Tab and that option starts with the File Explorer.

If this is a one project issue, then my guess-estimate is that you need to expand and explore the Timeline content construction for gaps, transition placement,

et al.

Please review and consider and then we can consider what next if necessary.

Thanks.

ATR

• 15. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
                                      aperture14 Level 1

Thanks ATR. I've tried multiple discs, and that didn't make a difference.

If I delete the 13 file, I won't be deleting my existing projects, will I?

• 16. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

aperture14

Thanks for the reply.

If you delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or the 13.0 Folder in which it exists, your existing projects should not be lost.

ATR

• 17. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
                                          aperture14 Level 1

Hi ATR.

I deleted the 13 folder and the Prefs file, and lost every one of my projects. Fortunately, I was able to restore the one project I have not managed to burn to disc, but none of the others. Also, that didn't help.

Regarding the following:

If this is a one project issue, then my guess-estimate is that you need to expand and explore the Timeline content construction for gaps, transition placement,

et al.

How does one identify these problems? I have no transitions. I don't see any gaps. I didn't insert any photos. I tried to apply audio effects to improve the sound quality, and that was an epic fail, so I removed all of those efforts. I applied SMART TRIM, which wanted to delete almost my entire film though the majority of well shot, so that option didn't work.

Thanks.

• 18. Re: PluginCoder error:no plugin DLLs
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

aperture14

If you delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and/or the 13.0 whole folder in which it existed, it is essentially impossible to loss your existing project files.

Did you go word for work through

Go for the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file deletion and, if that does not work, then delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. And, if that does not work, then you delete the whole 13.0 Folder

in which it exists. The key to doing this is to work with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the whole path

cited. In Windows 8, the path to the Folder Options dialog/View Tab and that option starts with the File Explorer.

I just did a run through again of the above with my Premiere Elements 13 and deleting the 13.0 Folder in the path cited. None of my projects were lost.

So, not sure what could have happened in your case unless you went off the path somehow. But, did you try to find your missing projects in the Recycle Bin and Restore them from there?

To try to find a possible Timeline flaw, you could try making copies of the original and using copies of the original for the following mini test runs...do you have any

DVD-RW for this...they can be used again after you give the program permission to erase prior content before doing the next burn to on the that disc.

1. Copy 1...delete the last half of the project and go for the burn to disc.

2. Copy 2...delete the first half of the project, move the remaining to the beginning of the Timeline and go for the burn to disc.

3. Copy 3...delete all the content from audio tracks, leave everything as is.

4. Copy 4...delete all the content from the video tracks, leave everything as is.

Did 1, 2, 3, 4 burn to disc successfully?

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR