7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2012 10:18 AM by SG...

7.3 update wont open Raw

mgphoto2

ok so i have been hanging out to see if the 7.3 update inculeded the Canon 6d raw & yes it dose , ive downloaded and installed yet PS still comes up with this : " if you are attempting to open raw file from a digital camera make sure you have the latest Camera Raw update installed "

is there someway to fix this issue ?? really beyond annoying that i have a camera worth thousands that is just a paper weight at this point im a pro photog so i only shoot raw

when i called adobe about the issue last week i sat on hold for over 2 & half hours { yes i wasnt a happy camper by the end of the call } !!!!!!!! with no help at the end of it really hoping someone here can help

• 1. Re: 7.3 update wont open Raw
          SG... Adobe Employee

Hi,

What OS are you using, and which version of Ps do you have installed? I'm assuming you're trying to open directly in Ps, so please correct that if I'm wrong.

Have you tried opening other raw files, or jpegs to see if the ACR dialog is indeed the 7.3 version?

regards,

steve

• 2. Re: 7.3 update wont open Raw
            mgphoto2 Level 1

Hi Steve

I have the imac & macbook pro both OS X and both are the up to date in versions running PS6 , ive tried opening from bridge into camera raw { as i normally do }

i dont shoot jpegs just raw but ps will open raw from my other camera just not anything coming from the 6D

• 3. Re: 7.3 update wont open Raw
              SG... Adobe Employee

Hi,

Which OS X version do you have? With Bridge running, can you go to Edit> Camera Raw  Preferences... and confirm the build string (at the top). For ACR 7.3 it should read "Version 7.3.0.71".

I've been helping on another post, but with a Win 7 64-bit environment, where Bridge doesn't apear to loading correctly. I haven't figured out a solution for that yet.

What application 'package' did you use to install Ps CS6 and Br CS6 (was it via the CCM subscription, or a single Ps installer, or a Suite installer, etc.)? That was part of asking which Ps version you have (13.0.2 or 13.1). And do you have any other CS6 products installed?

regards,

steve

• 4. Re: 7.3 update wont open Raw
                mgphoto2 Level 1

the 10.8.2 on the macbook

bridge string is coming up as 7.0.0.308 ,

10.7.4 on the imac

bridge string is coming up as 7.1.0.354

how do i change this ??

13.0.2 version installed as suite installer

with ps , ai , br , dw , fw products installed

• 5. Re: 7.3 update wont open Raw
                  SG... Adobe Employee

Hi,

Well, we can see why the 6D files still aren't opening. But you didn't get any update failures when running the 7.3 installer via AUM?

Can you go to Help> Updates... with Bridge or Ps running and see if the ACR 7.3 shows up again? If it doesn't I'll need to see what options are available.

regards,

steve 

• 6. Re: 7.3 update wont open Raw
                    mgphoto2 Level 1

Hi Steve ,

it never said any errors when installing it ran normally

This fixed the issue took awhile to update but it opened the raw file straight away  , thank you so much it has been annoying me for a couple of weeks now

Now I just have to do it to the iMac lol

Thank you again

• 7. Re: 7.3 update wont open Raw
                      SG... Adobe Employee

Hi,

It's great to hear the install took. I'm sorry it caused you such grief.

Feel free to come back here if you run into any more problems. It's a much nicer place to interact then calling into the support channels.

regards,

steve