Thanks for the reply but unfortunatly I've already attempted the Illustrator update with the latest version of the Adobe Application Manager. And as stated I've attempted the manual update off Adobe's site. One of those two is I'm certain what's responsible for messing up my Illustrator app. I'm just curious about your suggestion for the Cleaner tool do you mean Mac's Disk Utility App?
Doesn't help at all and was the first thing I tried. The only thing that works is uninstalling Illustrator cs6 then reinstalling the software from disc and then running the update.
I had the same issue with the Illustrator 16.0.4 update, it failed and in the process made my version of Illustrator useless. The only thing I can think that may be causing this is my use of MacKeeper from time to time. It may be deleting needed Illustrator language files or required files for the update to run properly.
Please download the update 16.0.4 from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5546 and try applying that manually. It should be successful.
Please let me know if you have any concerns/doubts.
Thanks and Regards,
Nishant Kumar Thakur
fwiw I just did a fresh install of my OS (Windows 7 x64) and Apps including the CS6 Master Suite and have exactly the same issue and U44M1P7 error message . This is with the Illustrator16.0.3_x64 update which is the most recent for the PC version.
I downloaded the manual installer and it did not help. Illustrator reports that it is running v16.0.3 while the Application Manager still claims it still needs the update.
The Application Manager shortcut links to the app manager app which is PDapp.exe and checking its details shows that it's v22.214.171.124.
My next step will be to uninstall and then reinstall the Illustrator CS6 component of the CS6 Master Suite and reinstall.
Uninstalled/reinstalled Illustrator and it's fixed. I noted that there were 2 versions installed and each had its own update ; one for the 32-bit version and the other for the 64-bit version. I had previously only manually installed the 64-bit version update after the automated update failed. Perhaps if I had also manually installed the 32-bit version it would have resolved the issue without the need to reinstall.
Bottom line: It's fixed.