4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2013 1:14 AM by Ann Bens

Nikon D3200 best workflow

LenCollin

Just as above if anyone has any recommended settings for importing and working with the video footage from Nikon D3200 cameras. They store as .mov files [mp4] shooting in 1080p 25fps.

• 1. Re: Nikon D3200 best workflow
          Harm Millaard Level 7

It does not matter what kind of sequence setting you use when creating a new project and import your clips.

When the clips are in the project, right click on a clip and select New Sequence from Clip. That creates a new sequence that matches your source footage.

• 2. Re: Nikon D3200 best workflow
            Dave Merchant MVP & Adobe Community Professional

When a project is created, Premiere always thinks you want to create an initial sequence but you can simply cancel out of that dialog box and the project will start without one. Having said that, there is a sequence preset for DSLR 1080.25 you can use.

In terms of working with the footage, Premiere will happily ingest the files from a DSLR without transcoding anything but to scrub about on the timeline will require a decent computer (mainly the load is on your CPU as that's where the decompression happens).

• 3. Re: Nikon D3200 best workflow
              Lazling Level 1

Can Premiere Pro edit H.264 MOV files from the Nikon DSLR cameras? The Nikon MOV highly compressed files are still not well supported by Premiere Pro including the latest CS6, CC7, as you may encounter many audio and video problems. And I know that Premiere Pro can’t handle raw MOV videos encode in H.264, so there is no doubt that it will take more time on rendering while ingesting the files.

The best way is to convert Nikon D3200 footage to Premiere Pro compatible format, like MPEG-2, MOV (AVC), which is the best format for Premiere Pro editing on Mac.

• 4. Re: Nikon D3200 best workflow
                Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

For me PRCC can handle Nikon files just fine. I have the D7100. BTW  i am on windows.