4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2012 2:15 PM by Paul Whitehead

Photoshop CS6 Ext spontaneously disables 3D feature...

PacoD Level 1

I subscribe to Creative Cloud and while Ai has proven to be exceedingly crashy, Ps CS6 Ext et al, have performed quite nicely... until today.

I was working yesterday with Ps, Ai, Id, and Br, all at once, going back and forth from one app to the other (working on an art book) without any problems at all.

All of a sudden, the next day I get the following alert when launching Ps CS6 Ext:openGL_error.jpg

What th'heck hardware could it be referring to since I have not installed or uninstalled anything at all! My graphics card appears to have more than sufficient memory, as shown below, and do not experience any problems with 3D functions in any other app:

nvidia_quadro_nvs290.jpg

I downloaded the latest version of the graphics driver as suggested in the alert but to no avail; I still get the alert shown above.

I'm stumped. Any thoughts as to why this has ocurred?

Thank you and Holiday Cheers to all!

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS6 Ext spontaneously disables 3D feature...
          Joseph Vessella

Some how you installed the 13.01 upgrade they sent to cloud users. It disabled all my 3D functions on my Macbook Pro. They used to work fine until the update. I was not informed that this would happen  . I quess you can't downgrade or uninstall the update if you are a cloud member.

• 2. Re: Photoshop CS6 Ext spontaneously disables 3D feature...
            SG... Adobe Employee

Hi,

When you go to Help> System Info... what do you see listed for Video Card Memory: ____MB? Is it 256 MB?

If so then you've run into what Jospeh mentions. Here a link talking about the changed enforcement: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/10/heads-up-photoshop-system-requirement-changes.ht ml

If you have a desktop system, you can look into upgrading your video card. For 3D work we suggest a card with 1GB VRAM or higher.

If you want to downgrade back to 13.0.1, I believe you need to fully uninstall the current 13.1, reinstall the 13.0 version, and then update it with the downloaded 13.0.1 update found here: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

If your video card memory is reporting 512MB or higher than something else is getting tweaked and we can look into further.

regards,

steve

• 3. Re: Photoshop CS6 Ext spontaneously disables 3D feature...
              PacoD Level 1

@Steve...

SG... wrote:

Hi,

When you go to Help> System Info... what do you see listed for Video Card Memory: ____MB? Is it 256 MB?

If so then you've run into what Jospeh mentions. Here a link talking about the changed enforcement: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/10/heads-up-photoshop-system-re quirement-changes.html

If you have a desktop system, you can look into upgrading your video card. For 3D work we suggest a card with 1GB VRAM or higher.".

regards,

steve

Thank you, Steve; as a matter of fact the system info does list "Video Card Memory 256"; I'm on PS CS6 Ext v13.1—and as I write, another update for PS CS6 Ext is in progress—13.1.1; again with no warning of (possible) system requiremements.

I had worked on 3D projects on 11/17/2012 and the update—30.1—took place on my PC on the 26. I had not worked on 3D since but had not received any alerts until a few days ago when I opened a file to work on and—BAM!—got the alert as posted above, which I think is odd.

I visited the link you posted ("..changed enforcement..."). It would have been considerate if Adobe provided an alert at the time of downloading the update so as to warn Creative Cloud subscribers, et al, of (possible) disruptions of features' use due to system requirements.

I guess I am expecting to get pears from an apple tree.

I am now forced—thanks to a *******' update without proper warning—to go out and purchase a new graphics card. Please pass on that there is at least one person very ticked off at Adobe.

You get Holiday Cheers. Adobe gets 2 fingers up its nose.

#not♥ingAdobe

• 4. Re: Photoshop CS6 Ext spontaneously disables 3D feature...
                Paul Whitehead Level 1

I'm having this same exact problem and not happy about it.  There has to be some rime or reason for this, it worked a week ago now all of a sudden its taken away?  Why should i have to spend $1400 for a new apple machine when the one i have is just fine?!?  I'm loosing money now.  I have projects that have 3d in them and now i cant even finish  my edits!  Why must you do this adobe?