6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2012 10:42 AM by pg_dolga

Upgraded to Acrobat X and signature field stop working

pg_dolga Level 1

Upgraded to Acrobat X and IntegriSign signature field stop working.  When I open the pdf and click on the signature field I get a "This plug-in is intended for validating signatures signed using earlier versions of Acrobat.  To sign using this version of Acrobat, use "IntegriSign for Acrobat 9.0 and later" handler.

Under Perferences in Acrobat, 9.0 and later is checked.

In LiveCycle Designer - IntegriSign  is indicated for Signature handler.

Can't figure out how to solve this.   I have uninstalled, reset IntegriSign and Adobe settings a trillion times!

Please help!

• 1. Re: Upgraded to Acrobat X and signature field stop working
          Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

It sounds to me as if it is telling you to install "Integrisign for Acrobat 9.0" and that that is a different, newer, piece of software than the one you are using. Just a guess.

• 2. Re: Upgraded to Acrobat X and signature field stop working
            pg_dolga Level 1

it's "IntegriSign for Acrobat 9.0 and later"...

signature-error.gif

• 3. Re: Upgraded to Acrobat X and signature field stop working

Ok, "and later". Which is good, because you are on a later Acrobat.

What do the makers of Integrisign say?

• 4. Re: Upgraded to Acrobat X and signature field stop working
                pg_dolga Level 1

I tried these steps several times.  Kinda long:

Here are the steps to setup ePad signatures with Adobe Acrobat 9 and later:

>

> You will need to create a self signed certificate (id) and have IntegriSign select this to be used with Acrobat. Here are the instructions:

>

> 1. In Adobe Acrobat choose Advanced > Security Settings.

>

> 2. Select Digital IDs on the left, and then click the Add ID button.

>

> 3. Select Create a Self-Signed Digital ID for Use with Acrobat, and click Next.

>

> 4. Specify Windows Certificate Store, to store the digital ID, and click next.

>

> 5. Type your name, email address, and other personal information for your digital ID. When you certify or sign a document, the name appears in the Signatures panel and in the signature field.

>

> If the computer is for public signing, you can replace your name with the name of the PC. It is not practical to have a digital id for every person that signs. IntegriSign will still ask for the signers name and signature.

>

> 6. Go to Windows start => all programs => IntegriSignDesktop => Desktop => Desktop Configuration => Select button (under certificate selection in the lower right of the window). At this time, you should see the digital id you just created.

>

> 7. Choose the certificate you just created, and click the OK button.

>

> 8. Go to Adobe Acrobat ->Edit -> Preferences -> Security, click on the Advanced button and make sure IntegriSign for acrobat 9 and later is selected as the default in the Creation. Also make sure the Verification is set to default method and the method is IntegriSign for Acrobat 9 and later.

>

> If IntegriSign is not an option then go under Edit/Preferences-->General (not Security) find the "Application Startup" checkbox 'Use only certified plug-in' CHECKED. Uncheck the box and repeat the first procedure.

>

> 9. Now, open a PDF file, and perform the signature using ePad, and should be able to sign.

• 5. Re: Upgraded to Acrobat X and signature field stop working

Ok, but what do they say about this problem?

• 6. Re: Upgraded to Acrobat X and signature field stop working
                    pg_dolga Level 1

..they are still looking into it.   Have asked a few questions about the setting under security in adobe.  I was hoping others have encountered this problem.  It's just not on my computer but my coworker is having problems also.